Gift Administration Specialist
The Nature Conservancy
26 days ago
Location is negotiable within the United States. Arlington, VA preferred
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Gift Administration Specialist will work as part of the Gift Administration Team to perform a variety of administrative tasks in relation to the acceptance of outright and planned gifts of securities, the activity of TNC’s Donor Advised fund program, and overall support for Gift Planning Administration.
The Gift Administration Specialist will work as a resource for all Gift Administration programs with a focus on supporting the Associate Director and providing additional coverage and knowledge for gifts of securities. They will be trained as primary support to the Stock Gift Team, performing non-financial stock-related activity such as working closely with staff in the Worldwide Office and Business Units to support transfers of gifts of securities, solve stock-related transfer issues, provide correct stock instructions, ensure proper recording of gift designation, acknowledging gifts of securities, and miscellaneous support for all stock transactions. The position will have significant communication with donors and/or their advisors on gifts of stocks and provide instructions to brokers on the disposition of stock gifts as needed. They will work on a variety of activities including providing program support for The Nature Conservancy's Donor Advised Fund including file management and drafting donor correspondence. Preparation of quarterly reporting and distributions from the DAF will be done with oversight by the Associate Director. The position will support the yearly filing and renewal of applications allowing The Nature Conservancy to issue annuities to state residents, maintaining accurate files, tracking renewal deadlines, and coordinating renewal fees. They will provide additional support and work related to non-trusteed trust files, including quarterly and annual statement tracking, filing, and digitization. They will perform other duties and projects as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience.
- Coordinate projects with several variables, work within a defined timeline and budget.
- Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise interns, volunteers, and/or temporary staff.
- Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Financial responsibility includes working within a budget, processing invoices and transfers, and contracting with vendors.
- If required to provide centralized support to chapters or programs, will work with a minimum of three chapters or programs.
- Provide input through project teams for the improvement of existing programs.
- Refer difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
- Travel and work flexible hours.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
- Work within scope of program’s strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience building relationships with staff, customers or similar.
- Experience generating reports and interpreting data.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience working across teams.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in principles and practices of relevant field.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Ability to analyze information for the purpose of coordinating and planning activities, and solving problems.
- Ability to implement processes and strategic program goals.
- Ability to coordinate projects and work under pressure.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Ability to write and edit written materials for use with donor solicitations, member communications, and special events.
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
- Experience with database administration and spreadsheet software, including managing and tracking data.
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan to include employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for job ID 51640, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.