Employee Relations Manager
The Nature Conservancy
30+ days ago
This position location is flexible within the U.S.
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there are lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
As a key member of the Employee Relations and Engagement team, the Employee Relations Manager, will be front and center in ensuring that treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and aligned with our TNC Values and Code of Conduct wherever we work. The Employee Relations Manager will lead internal workplace investigations into employee concerns of unprofessional behavior and general employee relations. They will oversee compliance programs and partner with colleagues across HR Management, Ethics and Compliance, and Business Units to develop and implement proactive solutions to ensure compliance and fostering a positive, productive, and respectful work environment.
This is a remote position that will be required to work the eastern time zone and reports to the Director of Employee Relations and Engagement.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for a career where you can combine your people service skills while helping nature? Guided by science, TNC creates innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that people and nature can thrive together. The Employee Relations and Engagement team connects TNCs mission to our workplaces by striving for a work environment where we can all show up as our authentic selves every day. We’re looking for a passionate, motivated problem-solver who accepts that challenge and can thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment. If this sounds like the career for you, come join TNC and apply today!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years Human Resources work experience in Employee Relations or equivalent combination.
- Experience in leading internal workplace investigations to include; fact finding, analyzing/interpreting data, determining conclusions, formulating observations and recommendations, and communicating outcomes to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience with compliance programs and strong knowledge of US employment laws. International employment laws a plus.
- Experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information in a manner that inspires confidence and trust.
- Experience in executing against multiple high priority, time-sensitive employee relations cases through exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Experience working in a matrix work environment with the ability to influence and promote an inclusive and equitable workplace while demonstrating organizational values.
- Experience in the following areas: database management and spreadsheet software; constructing, and producing reports; data input, manipulation, and analysis.
- Experience working with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with integrated Human Resources Management Systems to document and track employee relations concerns, investigation outcomes, and using data to evaluate trends.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification.
- Conflict resolution skills and/or certification a plus.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- High degree of initiative, independent judgment, and discretion on escalating issues to Director of Employee Relations as needed.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, stressful, and highly visible environment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to navigate sensitive, confidential, and difficult conversations.
- Advanced understanding of fundamental HR concepts, processes, and services.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- May require fluency in foreign language(s) to support global operations.
- May require ability to travel within the United States and internationally.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan to include employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for job ID 51997, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on 09/7/2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.