The Nature Conservancy
14 days ago
Flexible within the USA
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The e-Learning Designer/Developer is focused on the design, development and delivery of technology-based learning programs for the global community of TNC staff and constituents through a variety of methods including traditional classroom training, synchronous virtual training, online courseware, performance support, learning management systems, and other technical venues.
Participates as a member of Information Technology (IT) team serving as a consultant, collaborator, hands-on learning tool developer and trainer as required by the project to most effectively teach and help learners acquire the technical, professional, and conservation knowledge and skills needed. Collaborates with TNC staff at all levels, other TNC training functions and business units, and conservation partner organizations to develop, deliver, and integrate training into day-to-day business practices. Implements the logistics for setting up training environments and produces supporting learning materials and documentation as appropriate. Develop online courseware and distribute via the learning management system. Provide support to learners and instructors of the learning management system. The e-Learning Designer/Developer has no direct reports, but may coordinate the activities of volunteers and staff in cross-organizational and cross-functional teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Design, develop, and deliver materials and learning tools (e.g. traditional courses, online courseware, performance support, and documentation).
- Provide administrative support for the learning management systems and users, including ability to create and maintain content.
- Ability to apply sound Instructional Design Principles.
- Work with synchronous and asynchronous learning programs that may be delivered through various methods (e.g. in-person, distance, multi-media, and online).
- Create infographics, videos, and custom graphics to be used in marketing, eLearning or other course related items.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, recommend new technologies and software to the team.
- Create sound graphic design layouts and animations.
- Collaborate effectively with various user communities.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts and terminology to a non-technical audience.
- Conduct learning needs analysis both internally and externally.
- Develop online training using development tools and technologies.
- Work daily with information technology and desktop automation tools, including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot software and courseware.
- Technical writing.
- Maintain integrity of organizational technology standards.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Deliver quality products based on internal processes and tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment, with need to manage against multiple deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% in both US and non-US locations, at times in remote or difficult areas.
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods.
- Ability to work flexible hours if needed to support our global audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 2 years progressive experience in developing online and classroom learning products, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using instructional design principals to develop instructional materials for both online and classroom.
- Experience delivering classroom and/or live web training.
- Experience working in an environment focused on project plans and deadlines.
- Multi-lingual skills.
- Experience in web development and image editing software.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in online training development tools and technologies such as: Articulate Storyline, TechSmith Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, SCORM, and learning management systems, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver) and HTML/HTML5 a plus.
- Experience working in Moodle and/or Totara learning management systems.
- Cross-cultural awareness and experience in a global organization highly desired.
- Experience in a large, decentralized organization preferred.
To apply for job ID 51699, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.