The Nature Conservancy
30+ days ago
Neogtiable within the United States
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Campaign Specialist will be responsible for providing support for direct response fundraising campaigns.
The Campaign Specialist is responsible for supporting campaign efforts. They will draft documentation for standard campaigns in consultation with campaign strategist. The team member will field questions from stakeholders about campaign deliverables and make any updates to documentation as needed to ensure it remains aligned with strategic vision. They will play a key role in campaign QA/QC process to ensure documentation is accurate. The specialist will lead investigation of troubleshooting situations in partnership with internal functional teams, including Analytics, Execution, Production and Member Care teams, then advise on a range of solutions. They will capture to-dos and action items in regular meetings and disseminate to team. The Specialist will assist in compiling month-end campaign-roll up reporting & real time campaign reporting on standard campaigns and execute on Match Tracking processes. The Specialist will liaise with partners across the organization to ensure audience alignment for campaigns.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Act independently within broad program goals to prioritize tasks in the absence of specific instructions and exercise independent judgment to identify and solve problems.
- Does not supervise any staff but may manage work of peers on departmental project teams.
- Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Financial responsibility includes working within a budget, processing invoices and transfers, and negotiating and contracting with vendors.
- If required to provide centralized support to chapters or programs, will work with a minimum of four chapters or programs.
- Manage an account or client relationship.
- Manage projects with several variables, set realistic deadlines, manage a timeline, and ensure accountability.
- May provide oversight for a key function of the team.
- Provide input through project teams for the development and implementation of new initiatives or the improvement of existing programs.
- Travel and work overtime as needed.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
- Work within scope of program’s strategic goals.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about supporting direct response fundraising campaigns that further TNC’s important mission.
As a key member of our dynamic team, the Campaign Specialist will be a diplomatic problem solver, organized, detail-oriented, and an excellent communicator. The ideal candidate is flexible, adaptable, and excited by working collaboratively across teams.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience generating reports and analyzing and interpreting data.
- Experience working across departments.
- Experience with current technology in relevant field.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in principles and practices of relevant field.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (not required)
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience are appreciated.
- Experience implementing complex processes.
- Familiar with digital fundraising/digital engagement campaign strategies and toolsets
- Experience using existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff.
- Experience coordinating projects.
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
- Experience with database management.
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Successful experience implementing strategic program goals.
- Understanding of basic accounting practices.
- Willingness to maintain authorized/certified status in systems and tools TNC employs, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Google’s Marketing Platform.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan with an 8% employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports of the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 53370, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.