Associate Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing, AZ
The Nature Conservancy
Phoenix, AZ, United States
30+ days ago
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Position is based in our Phoenix or Tucson, Arizona office. Will consider other locations in Arizona.
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
Ensure that the creative work reflects the positioning, platform and voice of organization’s marketing objectives and meets client/internal partner needs. Ensure delivery of projects that contribute to a positive service relationship by working closely with various constituents including senior staff, field offices, department and division staff, vendors, and other key stakeholders. Reports to the Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
If you’re looking for a career where you can find meaning and purpose, come join our Chapter as the Associate Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing. Not only will you fulfill conservation objectives in the beautiful state of Arizona, but you’ll contribute to conservation goals through many networks. Bringing a combination of organizational skills, creative thinking and a willingness to work hands-on, you’ll help both our local team to advance conservation priorities in Arizona, as well as serve as a liaison for initiatives with the Western division and more broadly within TNC. You will contribute to ideas and implementation of projects that engage and expand our audience across communications platforms. Position manages specific marketing programs or projects and implements operational delivery of branding principles whether applied internally or outbound. You may coordinate and manage budgets for the initiative/program and may oversee the day-to-day tasks of the program. We’re looking for someone who is willing to foster collaboration to achieve big goals. Come join TNC and apply today!
Marketing and project management 40%
- Supports marketing objectives and implementation of goals
- Active engagement with relevant TNC teams
- Duties are performed under general supervision and established guidelines
- Opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks and projects
- Work with vendors/other parties to execute projects/deliverables
- May supervise volunteers, interns, or temporary staff
- Occasional travel within the state with possible over-night stays; occasional travel outside of Arizona for trainings, etc.
- May occasionally work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances
- Occasionally lift, push, pull, move 25 pounds
Content contribution 40%
- Write, edit and review digital and print communications
- Author articles or marketing publications to support chapter initiatives
- Review content from external vendors
Event and outreach support 20%
- Support preparation for, and attend public and/or donor events
- Provide support for speaking points, materials
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Manage and serve as team lead on assigned projects.
- May supervise professional and/or administrative staff and volunteers.
- Manage assigned project budgets, evaluate results and develop recommendations for corrective strategies as needed.
- Responsibility and accountability for meeting project timelines, goals and objectives.
- Contribute to, and provide insight on, data for marketing programs and outreach.
- Resolve complex issues independently within program area.
- Opportunity to act independently within program goals.
- Willingness to pick up/support projects across team efforts.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 7 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing client and account relationships.
- Experience implementing and managing multiple complex projects.
- Experience negotiating agreements.
- Computer experience to include Microsoft programs, some Adobe suite experience
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Experienced storyteller to a variety of audiences.
- Experience leading in a team-based environment with internal and/or external partners.
- Experience applying marketing principles on projects/programs.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Practical knowledge of current and evolving trends related to field of experience.
- Experience conceiving and writing creatively for various audiences from technical information.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate ideas in a compelling manner.
- Detailed knowledge of procedures and terms in relevant field of experience.
- Knowledge/experience with media outreach.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan with an 8% employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports of the health and well-being of the people we employ.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including; health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan including employer match, accrued paid time off (including annual, personal, and sick leave), life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work wellness benefits. Benefits may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions. Learn more about our benefits at nature.org/careers. We’re proud to offer a work-environment that is supportive of the health, wellness, and flexibility needs of the people we employ.
AUTO SAFETY POLICY
This position requires a valid driver's license and compliance with TNC’s Auto Safety Program. Employees may not drive Conservancy-owned/leased vehicles, rental cars, or personal vehicles on behalf of the Conservancy if considered "high risk drivers." To learn more about the Auto Safety Program, visit https://www.nature.org/en-us/about-us/careers/recruitment/ under the FAQ section.
Employment in this position will be contingent upon completion of a Vehicle Use Agreement, which may include a review of the prospective employee's motor vehicle record.
To apply for job ID 52728, submit your current resume and a cover letter online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.