Data Analyst-Freshwater Tools
The Nature Conservancy
New York City, NY, United States
18 days ago
New York City, New York, USA
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Data Analyst/Scientist works closely with other team members to research, gather, synthesize, and incorporate conservation planning data into various geospatial and software tools. These tools are used to identify priorities and inform conservation activities by internal team members and external partners. This position reports into the Brightstorm program at the conservancy, which works with public and private sector partners to build tools and projects to advance the water infrastructure needs of communities throughout the U.S.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Have you ever asked yourself, “How can I make a difference?” but you don’t know where to go or have the time to do it? Welcome to The Nature Conservancy. You have found the solution and now you can pointedly make a difference every day!
The Data Analyst/Scientist provides technical software, scripting/coding, and GIS support to conservation leadership. They maintain and populate data, create custom scripts for incorporating/ingesting external data into new spatial platforms or software products used by the conservancy employees, record databases and manual files, produce maps and/or other graphic products and reports, and develop and maintain GIS libraries and/or database products libraries.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- BA/BS or Associates degree in related field and 1-3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience maintaining and populating databases and manual files.
- Experience producing maps and/or other graphic products and reports.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and web browsers.
- Experience with scripting languages to validate and clean data
- Experience with ESRI tools including ArcPro and ArcGIS Online
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- 1-3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of environmental markets, stormwater management, and other freshwater conservation issues.
- Ability to perform administrative duties emphasizing detail-oriented and numerical tasks including data entry.
- Database and computer spatial or tabular based management skills including managing, maintaining, and populating databases.
- Building, populating, and producing reports from databases for technical and non-technical staff.
- Managing and prioritizing tasks from multiple sources.
- Programming and software-related skills, including familiarity with/working knowledge of: MSSQL, Python Scripting, ArcGIS Pro Model Builder, ArcGIS Online Hub Sites
- Strong excel skills with knowledge of scripting tools, pivot tables, and functions
- Detail-oriented and high attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication - both verbal and written (metadata documentation)
- Has experience working with a remote team and environment
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan with an 8% employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports of the health and well-being of the people we employ.
The target salary range for this job if located in NYC will be $45,000- $51,000 annually.
The salary ranges for other work locations will vary depending upon location.
To apply for job ID 52820, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on Febuary 7, 2023. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.