The Nature Conservancy
Minneapolis, MN, United States
30 days ago
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
WHO WE ARE
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world working in more than 75 countries and territories. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The AP/AR Specialist provides administrative finance/accounting support, particularly on Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable needs, for the Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota Chapter (MN-ND-SD). This position reports to the Director of Finance for MN-ND-SD and is based at our office in Minneapolis, MN. This role requires mostly on-site work with at least 75% time required in person at the office, with potential for 1 day remote work per week. This is an hourly position with a pay rate of $27.47/hour with a 35-hour standard workweek.
The AP/AR Specialist will provide a variety of routine and non-routine finance and accounting-related tasks for the Chapter. Main duties will be processing payments, including contracts, recurrent payments (e.g., office related, rent, utilities), field supplies and equipment, property taxes, etc., and receipting revenue received at the Minneapolis office. The AP/AR Specialist will process approximately 900 payments per fiscal year itemizing according to submitted grant allocations. Most of these payments are invoices paid by check or ACH, and the remainder would be through credit card, which requires submission of appropriate related expense reports. Other duties may include preparation and processing of accounting forms, such as account payable adjustments or journal entries, updating vendor information, maintenance of A/P files, and similar related tasks. In addition, this role may provide other support to the Finance and Operations team as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Process Account Payable needs, invoices and expense reports, accurately and on time.
- Submit adjustments related to corrections to payments.
- Accounts Receivable deposit and receipting in accordance with our Standard Operating Procedures.
- Make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently.
- Ensure TNC policies and procedures are met.
- Identify routine problems and utilize existing resources for resolution, referring difficult questions and problems to supervisor.
- When needed, act as operations and finance back-up, for example with front desk/reception and time report coordination.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting or related field and 2 years' related work experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience in database management or producing reports, or in the use of automated systems.
- Experience working with basic principles in accounting or in analyzing financial figures.
- Experience in paying invoices accurately and on time preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy in work product.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience with SAP Concur Expense/Invoice module.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (mainly Excel and Outlook) and PDF software (Foxit or Adobe).
- Experience utilizing databases for data entry and report production preferred.
- Experience managing, maintaining, and populating databases and manual files.
- Exposure to non-profit finances and/or grant familiarity.
- Good written and oral communication skills to handle standard business communications.
- Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
WHAT WE BRING
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan to include employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for this role, submit both a cover letter and resume online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, May 22, 2022. Interviews will take place through May with a preferred start date in mid-June 2022. We encourage and appreciate early applications.
Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.