Corporate Engagement Associate (m/f/d)
The Nature Conservancy
London, United Kingdom
27 days ago
London, Unoted Kingdom
Location is open to London, UK and Brussels, Belgium
WHO WE ARE
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in conserving the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world working in more than 75 countries and territories. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Corporate Engagement Associate is part of TNCs Corporate Engagement Team and reports directly to the Director of Corporate Engagement for TNC Europe. The Corporate Engagement Team provides technical and strategic leadership to create transformational impact with the private sector, through partnerships which transform business practices, engage brands for a cause, and leverage private investments for TNCs 2030 Goals.
The Corporate Engagement Associate helps catalyze and manage partnerships with businesses and business networks headquartered in Europe focusing on practices, policy and funding initiatives that provide conservation opportunities and/or impact our global conservation programs and mission. Location is negotiable (TNC locations in Brussels, London and Berlin) with certain preference for London, and travel is required up to 30%. No relocation or immigration assistance is offered with this position.
The Corporate Engagement Associate assists in the development and management of strategic partnerships with companies and business networks such as WEF, WBCSD, Business4Nature, TNFD and others, to advance the Conservancy’s mission and goals. The Associate facilitates such collaboration through research and analysis of companies’ sustainability strategies as they relate to TNCs objectives (climate change mitigation and adaptation, biodiversity, water, etc), analyses new initiatives and trends in the corporate sustainability space, develops presentations and proposals, coordinates meetings, agendas, and presentations, and builds and facilitates internal networks across diverse countries and cultures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Identifies opportunities and evaluates the potential for strategic corporate partnerships
- Helps engage companies on advancing their sustainability strategies through better management of their place-based impacts, more sustainable supply-chain management and aspects of their other business practice, as they relate to impacts on climate and biodiversity.
- Supports the scoping, securing, and project management of partnerships with industry associations and corporations.
- Conduct research in support of the Conservancy’s corporate priorities, remaining up to date on industry and corporate sustainability strategies, trends and programs.
- Gathers information about select companies’ sustainability strategies, prepares presentations, memos, and other communications.
- Builds and facilitates internal networks and coordinates meetings, agendas, and presentations.
- Helps building relationships with the European corporate sector that may lead to increased financial and other support for the Conservancy's objectives, to promote broad-ranging partnerships between individual companies and TNC.
- Helps develop strategic partnerships with relevant industry associations to influence corporate practices, representing TNC as needed at targeted fora.
- Keeps collaboration details up to date, including documentation of meeting outcomes and interactions in internal constituent relationship management database.
- Prepare recommendations to senior leadership and contributes to strategy development.
- Supports other activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, in environmental sustainability
- Experience working with the corporate sector on environmental sustainability.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience researching information from divergent sources, preparing power point presentations, and developing written communications.
- Experience that has led to an understanding of how companies think, make decisions, operate, and engage different stakeholders.
- Team player that can own and lead projects or specific areas of responsibility but is also comfortable in a small team environment and willing to do what’s required to get a job done.
- Experience coordinating complex projects in a decentralized organization, working across teams, operating units and functions to achieve optimal results.
- Corporate fundraising experience
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for job ID 51815, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59pm EST at 31.07.2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.