Regional Learning Manager
The Nature Conservancy
29 days ago
We have 1 Regional Learning Manager position available with the locations being flexible as follows:
Regional Learning Manager for Asia Pacific – Candidates must reside and be able to legally work in one of the following locations: Australia, China, Indonesia, or Singapore. A strong preference for candidates located in Indonesia.
TNC will not provide support for relocations or work permits.
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Regional Learning Manager will join the Human Resources’ Learning & Development team, to advance the development of staff in all regions to deliver results for People and Nature. This position will be integral to the advancement and support of enterprise-wide talent and learning efforts and initiatives – collaborating with various internal partners to ensure high quality and consistency of deliverables across the organization. The Regional Learning Manager will provide services and strategic direction in one or more of the following human resource functions: talent management, staff development and training, and/or organizational development. Any other duties or responsibilities that arise as a function of the role or team priorities.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The Regional Learning Manager provides a broad set of services in talent management, staff development, and learning/training. They will collaborate with staff in the organization and within the HR team to design, customize and deliver learning and career development materials, tools, and programs to support TNC’s organizational goals and mission. They will assist in the development and implementation of client-specific and organization-wide learning, training and development opportunities that support a decentralized and geographically dispersed enterprise with focus on priority populations. They will partner with HRBP’s and HR Managers to work with a defined client base to address regional requests and needs. They will directly support some key HR initiatives, including management & leadership development, onboarding, diversity work, coaching, mentoring, and career development. This position reports to the Senior Learning-Talent Manager.
Are you looking for a career to help people and nature? Guided by science, TNC creates innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that people and nature can thrive together. We’re looking for someone who is passionate, motivated problem-solver. Come join TNC and apply today!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years Human Resources work experience in area(s) of specialization or equivalent combination.
- Experience coordinating and leading projects.
- Experience responding to HR related questions, problems and data information requests from employees/management.
- Experience the following areas: database management and spreadsheet software; constructing, and producing reports; data input, manipulation and analysis.
- Experience working with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with integrated Human Resources Management Systems.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: organizational development, adult learning theory, needs assessment, program evaluation, and administration or logistics planning of learning and training programs.
- Advanced understanding of fundamental HR concepts, processes, and services.
- Strong organizatinal skills and attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience with the management or administration of a Learning Management System encouraged.
- Experience with learning authoring tools and/or technologies to deliver learning a plus.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Supervisory skills a plus.
- Ability to implement complex processes;
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results;
- Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff;
- Experience coordinating multi-phase projects;
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results;
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field;
- Successful experience implementing strategic program goals.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, stressful and highly visible environment.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 52778, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ . Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.