Private Awards Closeout Specialist
The Nature Conservancy
4 days ago
This position is open to all international locations where TNC has offices.
This is a 100% remote position.
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Private Awards Closeout Specialist provides highly specialized finance/accounting-related services to the Private Awards Closeout Team within the new Private Awards Center of Excellence. You will be part of a new team of Closeout Specialists that will actively work to research award balances and initiate journal entries and other transactions needed to bring Award ID net assets to zero on the General Ledger for a backlog of private awards. This high-visibility effort will benefit Business Units across the globe. If you enjoy solving puzzles, developing and improving processes, and providing valuable services towards our conservation mission, join this exciting Center of Excellence startup.
As a member of the Private Awards Closeout Team, the Private Awards Closeout Specialist performs all research, analysis and accounting adjustments needed to bring Private Award net assets to zero in the General Ledger. This work will also include communicating with finance staff across the organization as the closeout process is performed. The position has a high level of expertise in their area(s) of specialization. The position administers and maintains finance/accounting activities in accordance with TNC policies and procedures and best practices in financial management. The Private Awards Closeout Specialist provides assistance to staff in their specialty area. They respond to moderately complex questions and problems based on advanced knowledge of the subject area.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Coordinates and performs the multiple step process of the financial closeout of private awards.
- Ensures compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and that financial standards and requirements are met and managed for compliance.
- Reinforces consistency in the organization's policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
- Work in partnership with organizational finance staff in a collaborative role
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 3 years' related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with accounting/financial issues and analysis.
- Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Technical experience with spreadsheet programs, general ledger reports and financial management tools.
- Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with the Insight Project Cost and Billing Module (PCB).
- Experience with GAAP and fund accounting principles, practices and regulations.
- Experience, coursework or other training with standard contract clauses and/or U.S. Federal Uniform Guidance, state and local regulations, multilateral and international regulations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role.
- Non-profit accounting experience.
- Technical expertise on complex accounting/financial issues.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
This position is open to all global/international countries where TNC currently works.
To apply for job ID 51679, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.