Philanthropy Coordinator, Hawaii
The Nature Conservancy
Honolulu, HI, United States
19 days ago
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
Preference will be given to candidates who will be based out of the Honolulu office, or located in Hawaii; however, candidates who wish to work remotely throughout the US will be considered.
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Philanthropy Coordinator (PC) will provide critical support to a fast-paced and fun fundraising team in the areas of donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Key areas of responsibility:
- Provide a positive giving experience to donors. The PC will oversee gift processing, field donor gift inquiries, and manage the donor acknowledgement process.
- Be a super-user of the systems and processes. The PC will become an expert user of all our fundraising systems including our Blackbaud donor database, and excel. The PC will be comfortable with data entry, running reports and analyzing and interpreting data and will learn and adhere to TNC’s policies and procedures.
- Improve team effectiveness and organization. The PC will implement organizational strategies for our team and identify areas to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate across departments. The PC will work across all departments within TNC-HP to support fundraising efforts and build relationships with peers within the larger TNC network.
- Work independently and within a team. The PC will take initiative to manage their own priorities yet work collaboratively in a team environment and will provide regular administrative support to the Director of Philanthropy
- Coordinate projects. The PC is a critical position on the philanthropy team who will work on a variety of projects with multiple variables. The ability to prioritize competing deadlines, work within a defined timeframe and budget will be essential.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Want to help save the planet? Through the efforts of The Nature Conservancy more than 200,000 acres in Hawai‘i and Palmyra Atoll have been preserved for nature and people. We manage 40,000 acres in 13 nature preserves and work in over 50 coastal communities to help protect and restore the nearshore reefs and fisheries of the main Hawaiian Islands. We forge partnerships with government, private parties, and communities to protect the forests and coral reefs that make our islands unique for their ecological values and for the many benefits they provide to people. This is an exceptional career opportunity for a highly motivated, capable individual interested in joining the world’s leading conservation organization!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience utilizing databases for data entry, generating reports, and interpreting data or equivalent combination.
- Experience building relationships with staff, customers or similar.
- Experience generating reports and interpreting data.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience working across teams.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in fundraising, event planning, customer service, project management or relevant field.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel.
- Experience with budgets, contracting with vendors and processing invoices.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan with an 8% employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports of the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 52194, submit your resume and cover letter online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 5:59 PM HST on October 10, 2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.