The Nature Conservancy
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
21 days ago
North Point, Hong Kong
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Finance Assistant provides a variety of routine and non-routine finance and accounting-related tasks for a department or business unit. They perform clerical duties related to accounting tasks/functions.The Finance Assistant I provides a variety of routine and non-routine finance and accounting-related tasks for a department or business unit. They perform clerical duties related to accounting tasks/functions
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Ensures TNC policies and procedures are met.
- Perform general accounting duties include basic journal entries, and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Process invoice payments and monitor TNC local bank accounts.
- Maintain relationships with other vendors and service providers as needed.
- Work with the Development/Conservation Departments to create batches and record income
- Ensure contracted vendors carry required insurance coverage and that appropriate documentation is obtained and maintained.
- Oversee day-to-day financial activities such as purchasing, processing invoices, negotiating, and contracting with vendors
- Assist in competing financial reports timely and accurately; Provide support for financial reports.
- Assist in providing documents timely to our company secretary to ensure we are in compliance with local law.
- Assist in year-end close and audit.
- Ad hoc tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality of frequently sensitive and emotionally charged information.
- Occasionally working long and flexible hours as needed.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
- Associate's Degree in Accounting or related field and 2 years' related work experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with the basic principles of accounting/finance.
- Experience with accounting/financial issues and analysis.
- Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Experience with word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software.
To apply for job ID 52141, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com. Appliaction opens until the position is filled.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.