Sr. Communication Specialist
The Nature Conservancy
10 days ago
New Delhi, India
WHO WE ARE
ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW: A PIONEER IN CONSERVATION LEADERSHIP
This is an exciting time at The Nature Conservancy (TNC) as we are shifting our strategy for greater impact in the world, seeking to address some of the most complex challenges facing people and nature — issues such as climate change, conserving lands, waters, and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more resilient and sustainable.
TNC’s mission is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Rather than viewing development –including economic growth – and conservation as contradictory goals, TNC works to demonstrate how nature has value for people and development and how nature can provide enormous economic benefit. TNC envisions a future where people and nature can flourish together.
A world where the diversity of life thrives, and people act to conserve nature for its own sake and its ability to fulfil our needs and enrich our lives.
The Conservancy Team
We achieve this through the dedicated efforts of our 3,800 diverse staff, including more than 600 scientists, all of whom support conservation in 76 countries and all 50 United States. We are striving to develop a workforce as diverse as the places where we work, and we have a deep commitment to diversity.
TNC is the largest conservation organisation in the world, working in all 50 states in the United States and more than 76 countries. It was incorporated as a non-profit organization in the District of Columbia on October 22, 1951. TNC is science-based and in every place, we work, we partner with governments, businesses, and local communities. TNC is advancing its mission by protecting and restoring rivers, landscapes and oceans for people and their development at an unprecedented scale; it is transforming the way humanity uses the Earth’s natural resources to sustain ourselves.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The JD offers an opportunity for an experienced professional to be engaged as Senior Communications Specialist to provide support for organization level communication priorities. This position reports to the Managing Director and works in close collaboration with various project leads. Sr. Communications Specialist develops, creates, implements, and oversees communications strategies that align with the overall goals of TNC operations in India. They provide the communications direction and support the program in India.
The Sr Specialist is a key member of the team, supporting our broader communications, development, and conservation work by developing content, managing projects, and supporting visual communications. This dynamic role will support multiple priority projects, as well as broader organizational communications efforts. The position holder will engage with a wide range of team members, partners, and contractors to develop high-quality, well-written content regarding our conservation work. This role’s main emphasis will be on content writing for website stories, publications (e.g., fact sheets), donor communications, drafting opinion articles, proofreading technical reports as well as other support required to advance overall communications for The Nature Conservancy India.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Manage TNC India relationship with the communications agency including management of their day-to-day deliverables and offering guidance and support
- Write and edit website stories, publications (e.g., fact sheets), donor communications, drafting opinion articles as well as other support required to advance overall communications with the help of communications agency.
- Facilitate meetings, interviews, and briefing sessions with media to help them to have better and clearer understanding of our projects.
- Coordinate with TNC staff, project partners to ensure timely approvals and guidance during the strategy development phase as well as of creative ideas for communication products like posters, brochures, newsletters, hoardings, audio visuals, films, mobile messaging, below-the-line marketing events etc.
- Develop and implement communication plans for each project as per approved timeline and calendar of events.
- Oversee design and manage the production of all communication products defined for various channels, including print, radio, mobile, and AV by liaising with various vendors.
- Organize on-ground marketing and awareness events defined in the strategy if required with the support of the communications agency.
- Develop and implement a media strategy for each project aimed at covering project activities as well as positioning opinion articles at opportune times to target specific stakeholders.
- Develop regular internal communication updates for the project to share with TNC network, India Advisory Board and other internal stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 7 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing and implementing media strategies and measuring results.
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading messages for targeted audiences.
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
- Experience developing media relations networks.
- Experience implementing and managing multiple complex projects.
- should be a qualified consultant who can deliver on the proposed job description. Below is the desirable qualification, experience, skills, and competencies of the applicant that should be demonstrated in the proposal response:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 8-10 years related experience in the field of communications.
- Experience writing or editing one or more of the following (in English):
- Newsletter, magazine, annual report, web-site articles/stories, donor profiles.
- Presidential acknowledgment letters, campaign brochures.
- Fact sheets, presentations, or equivalents
- Basic graphic design skills
- Experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects.
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Experience in producing multimedia communications such as videos & brochures.
- Experience implementing & measuring communication and engagement plans/strategies.
- Familiarity with communication technologies and best practices.
- Knowledge and application of current and evolving trends in communications.
- Values-driven person with desire to make a meaningful difference.
- Media relations experience.
- Experience working in a large, dispersed organization working across different countries and time zones.
- Prior experience of managing communication relationships in an international context or working with a reputed media organisation would be an added advantage.
- Experience in uploading content to websites would be advantageous, especially with AEM.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Successful candidates will be hired with Nature Conservancy India Solutions Private Limited (NCIS). Nature Conservancy India Solutions Private Limited (NCIS) is a private limited company incorporated under the Companies Act 2013, having it registered office in India in New Delhi. India. It is a wholly owned Indian subsidiary of The Nature Conservancy. The company currently provides technical consultancy, monitoring & evaluation and other related services in the domain of conservation and environment to its various clients within and outside India.
Our Work in India
TNC’s India program was launched in 2015. TNC is registered in India as a not-for-profit Section 8 Company. The team is comprised of 25+ high-performing individuals with an annual operations budget around US$5.5M. We are focused on eight initiatives that are advancing environmental solutions for some of India’s most pressing challenges. Currently our programs cover six States of India, and we are working with more than 15 partner organizations. Both the program and budget are growing at a healthy rate. We are working hard to demonstrate conservation results and achieve early “win-wins” that promote equitable economic development while conserving natural resources for people and nature. We aim to meet increasing demands for energy resources, water supply and food production with low environmental impact, and in a mind-set where nature is seen as a critical input to these key human needs. We do this by engaging governments, the private sector and civil society to ensure that conservation is a critical outcome in economic development. We address challenges to nature with the goal of promoting healthy waters, lands, and oceans and promoting Climate Mitigation and Adaptation. TNC pursues a shared nature-people agenda and is working to demonstrate that conservation and development can be pursued in tandem.
To apply for job ID 52540, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on December 08, 2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role while committing to closing the gender pay gap and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.