New Delhi, India
New Delhi, India
WHO WE ARE
ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW: A PIONEER IN CONSERVATION LEADERSHIP
This is an exciting time at The Nature Conservancy (TNC) as we are shifting our strategy for greater impact in the world, seeking to address some of the most complex challenges facing people and nature — issues such as climate change, conserving lands, waters, and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more resilient and sustainable.
For more details please visit to our website: https://www.nature.org/en-us/
Nature Conservancy India Solutions Private Limited (NCIS) is one of the group entity of The Nature Conservancy (TNC). NCIS is a private limited company incorporated under the Companies Act 2013, having it registered office in India in New Delhi. India. The company currently provides technical consultancy, monitoring & evaluation, and other related services in the domain of conservation and environment to its various clients within and outside India. NCIS helps its clients in achieving their environmental and conservation targets by providing science-based solutions and technical support. NCIS has been providing services to its various clients for last three years in India.
We’re proud to offer a work-environment that is supportive of the health, wellbeing, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
Communications Manager needs to develop, creates, implements, and oversees communications strategies that align with the overall goals of NCIS's operations in India. They provide the overall communications direction and manager for the program in India.
Reporting to the Managing Director of NCIS, Communications Manager develops and implements an integrated, efficient and effective communications, media and engagement plan to help drive organizational strategy. They manage the small NCIS communications team and together facilitate on-going communications between NCIS and its target audiences – both internal and external – to ensure the aims of each of our conservation programs are achieved. They work with senior executives in the NCIS team and across NCIS's global operations to implement strategies to achieve the goals of the program. They develop and foster relations with key journalists in selected media (as necessary) and oversee NCIS's digital presence including on various websites and, potentially, through social media channels. They manage communication strategies and program implementation for high profile projects and people and play a role in supporting communications with the NCIS Advisory Board.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Communications Manager will undertake the following functions within the overall mandate of the defined project deliverables:
Roles and responsibilities:
- Designs, directs and manages multiple complex and diverse programs or projects coordinating the work of other professionals, managing Communications budget and ensuring program accountability.
- Broad management responsibility for professional communications staff that are responsible for key initiatives or programs.
- Accountable for meeting strategic goals and objectives.
- Financial responsibility includes developing and managing project/program/team Communications budgets, evaluating
- results and developing corrective strategies as needed. Provides input to departmental budget process.
- Collects, records and disseminates marketing and communications performance data with key internal stakeholders in order to continuously improve on results achieved.
- Opportunity to act independently within broad program goals. Work checked through consultation and agreement with stakeholders rather by directives of superiors.
- Manage the competing needs for communication resources from various internal clients.
- Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events.
- Supports the Development team in developing communication resources to inform prospective and existing donors.
- Provide direction and manage all internal and external communication and represent NCIS program to the outside
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of NCIS's policies, principles, and strategies, and keep up-to-date with relevant developments.
WHAT WE BRING
- BA/BS degree and 7-9 years’ experience in related field or related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven strong management skills and experience in managing staff and teams
- Experience developing communications, media and engagement strategies and measuring results
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships
- The ability to think strategically whilst maintaining an eye for detail.
- Experience developing and manage complex projects or programs including financial responsibility and measuring results of strategic plans and programs
- Experience in developing, designing and maintaining organization website
- Experience in digital and social media communication
- Experience with outstanding written and verbal English language communication skills
- A strong commitment to own professional development and a desire to grow and learn.
- Multi- lingual and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Master level degree or extensive 10 – 14 years professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Management experience including ability to motivate, Lead/Manager, set objectives, manage performance, and help with conflict resolution on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communications, and presentation skills; ability to persuasively convey the mission of The Nature Conservancy to diverse groups including donors, advisory board members and the public
- Familiarity with communication technologies and best practices. Experience and/or understanding of communication best practices at a decentralized organization
- Excellent communications, mediation, and negotiation skills
- Experience fostering an environment of creativity and professional growth.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and managing budgets
- Knowledge of methods and standards of biodiversity information systems and initiatives and experience conceiving and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Communicating clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Politically savvy.
Job Family: Marketing
To apply for job ID 54625, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM IST on 23-Feb-2024. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.