Associate Director - Marketing and Development (ADMD)
The Nature Conservancy
18 days ago
New Delhi, India
WHO WE ARE
This is an exciting time at The Nature Conservancy (TNC) as we are shifting our strategy for greater impact in the world, seeking to address some of the most complex challenges facing people and nature — issues such as climate change, conserving lands, waters, and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more resilient and sustainable.
TNC’s mission is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Rather than viewing development –
including economic growth – and conservation as contradictory goals, TNC works to demonstrate how nature has value for people and development and how nature can provide enormous economic benefit. TNC envisions a future where people and nature can flourish together.
A world where the diversity of life thrives, and people act to conserve nature for its own sake and its ability to fulfil our needs and enrich our lives.
The Conservancy Team
We achieve this through the dedicated efforts of our 3,800 diverse staff, including more than 600 scientists, all of whom support conservation in 76 countries and all 50 United States. We are striving to develop a workforce as diverse as the places where we work, and we have a deep commitment to diversity.
TNC is the largest conservation organisation in the world, working in all 50 states in the United States and more than 76 countries. It was incorporated as a non-profit organization in the District of Columbia on October 22, 1951. TNC is science-based and in every place, we work, we partner with governments, businesses, and local communities. TNC is advancing its mission by protecting and restoring rivers, landscapes and oceans for people and their development at an unprecedented scale; it is transforming the way humanity uses the Earth’s natural resources to sustain ourselves.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Associate Director of Marketing and Development (ADMD) conceives, designs, and leads effective multi-year strategies and plans for the solicitation of potential support from corporates, foundations, institutions, and/or individual donors. This position will also be responsible for maintaining, supporting, and enhancing all current relationships while securing significant financial resources for the India Program and its conservation goals. ADMD will work in close collaboration with Development and fundraiser leads throughout the Conservancy and will be responsible for all forms of fundraising, like individual giving, pledges/planned to give, foundation relations, bilateral and multilateral funding and/or corporate giving program, etc.
The Associate Director of Marketing and Development will report to the Managing Director, India. Base location for this position is New Delhi with frequent travel to other parts of the county.
The Associate Director of Marketing and Development will lead all revenue-generating fundraising and development activities for TNC India. ADMD will cultivate and maintain positive relationships with current and potential donors and serve as a liaison with management staff throughout the organization. Additional duties will include but are not limited to investigating and developing corporate giving opportunities, assisting with writing monthly newsletters, managing, and increasing individual giving, writing foundation grants, assisting with the organization’s annual report, coordinating fundraising events, and working with individual Board members to create annual giving and service plans. ADMD will focus on long-range strategic priorities, advance the Conservancy’s goals, and communicate a broad vision to others and will manage vendor relationships, as needed. ADMD will work with different teams to establish and track measures and lead indicators of progress and success and in addition will lead diverse activities, develop complex processes, project outcomes, and initiate solutions to improve effectiveness. ADMD will leverage constructive and effective relationships with a wide range of people, including senior management, donors, volunteers, public and private sector colleagues, and partners including financial/legal advisors.
Responsibilities to include:
- Accountable for fundraising goals of USD 15-20 million annually. Additionally with an emphasis within these goals of INR 7-10 crore a year from within India through a structured fundraising plan/program. This will be with support of the fundraising teams across TNC. The annual fundraising goal is expected to increase by 10 to 20% to meet the medium-term growth plans of the organisation.
- Design and lead collaborative, complex, and diversified projects, coordinating with other professionals withing the local and global teams, managing budget, and always ensuring accountability.
- Actively direct or participate in negotiations for complex, high profile, or sensitive agreements.
- Maintains professional and friendly relationships with the donor community and periodically provide updates to them.
- Develop and administer budget and fundraising objectives, evaluate results, and develop corrective strategies as and when needed.
- Establishing clear directions, set “stretch” objectives, and overseeing the execution of day-to-day work.
- Develop an annual Fundraising Plan that addresses fundraising goals and strategies for India.
- Ensure that programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards, and legal requirements are met and managed for ethical compliance.
- Lead strategic initiatives in collaboration with senior-level stakeholders to enhance overall performance in accordance with short and long-term objectives.
- Plan and lead new programs/initiatives that will ensure department and organization-wide goals are achieved.
- Work with the teams (both within India and global) to identify and negotiate donor relationships, across major donors, trusts and foundations, corporate, institutional funders.
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering donations).
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization.
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources of funding for long-term sustainability of the organization.
- In collaboration with the TNC’s Communications Team, manage online donation page of the website. Prepare strategy and take steps to increase online resource mobilization through this platform.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the members of fundraising team in India.
- May need to travel frequently and on short notice, work long hours and to meet deadline may be required to work on weekends.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 7-8 years related experiences.
- Experience asking for and closing major gifts.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents such as major donors, foundations, and corporations.
- Experience in planning and delivering budgetary responsibilities.
- Experience managing and supervising a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in principles, practices, and procedures of charitable giving, particularly in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts and planned to give.
- Experience working in a large, complex, not-for-profit environment.
- Master level degree and 10-15 years’ experience in fundraising, including at least 8 years’ experience of heading Fundraising/Development Unit with a track record of successfully raising substantial funds in India (fundraising experience in a nonprofit environment is preferred)
- Able to articulate strategies for soliciting and cultivating gifts, sponsorships, experience of grant writing.
- Familiarity with Donor Perfect (or similar databases).
- Proven ability to speak and write in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Able to use various databases to run reports. A prior knowledge of BBCRM software would be an added advantage.
- Strategic fundraising experience at a senior level (ideally gained in an International Development Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) with the ability to think ahead, set clear direction, formulate realistic strategic objectives, including identifying donor prospects and donor cultivation.
- Experience in conceiving, developing, and managing multiple projects and strategic goals.
- Proven strong development and fund-raising management skills.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Advanced understanding of best practices in non-profit management.
- Effectively communicate via presentations, conversations, and documents.
- Experience with financial management of a large program.
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed team.
- Knowledge of advanced gift planning concepts.
- Proficiency in synthesizing materials from multiple sources into a coherent and accurate summary.
- Politically savvy.
- The ability to think strategically whilst maintaining an eye for detail.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Successful candidate will join as full time staff on the payroll of Nature Conservancy India Solutions Private Limited (NCIS). Nature Conservancy India Solutions Private Limited (NCIS) is a private limited company incorporated under the Companies Act 2013, having it registered office in India in New Delhi. India. It is a wholly owned Indian subsidiary of The Nature Conservancy. The company currently provides technical consultancy, monitoring & evaluation and other related services in the domain of conservation and environment to its various clients within and outside India.
To apply for job ID 52116, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 10:25 AM IST on 27-September-2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.