R2A Platform Manager
The Nature Conservancy
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 days ago
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Preferred locations: Argentina, Colombia, Perú (other Latin America/Global locations where TNC has offices can be considered)
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The R2A Platform Manager is a strategic leader that supports the building of one regional system transformation platform and five national hubs in Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay and Perú, with the likelihood of eventually scaling beyond these five countries. It will be responsible for delivering outcomes for People and Nature through systemic transformation and mobilizing €120M via 40 agreements. The regional platform is a multi-stakeholder partnership that brings together partners working in regenerative ranching and agriculture (R2A) and ecosystem-based agriculture (EbA) to share best practices, design innovative tools & business models, orient public policies, and financial instruments, and connect stakeholders promoting R2A and EbA.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The R2A Platform Manager (They) will be responsible for leading the team to integrate, communicate and promote the products and services resulting from the EbA R2A Program that have been selected as critical functions for the Regional Platform.
- They will be responsible for finalizing the design of the R2A Regional Platform according to specifications established by the EbA R2A Program partners by consolidating the platform business model (financial sustainability plan), governance structure, protocols, guidelines and existing documentation and refining the platform prototype which will be implemented and launched in 2024.
- They will be responsible for designing and implementing a systems-level adaptive management mechanism to regularly evaluate systems-wide impacts and ensure scaling principles remain at the core of the Platform and Program development.
- They will oversee initial implementation of the R2A Regional Platform by developing and implementing stakeholder engagement activities and ensuring that engagement work is aligned with the strategy, the countries’ action plans, and objectives of the Platform’s design by building and maintaining political, civil society, NGO, and industry relationships to secure formal working partnerships on critical issues.
- They will oversee the implementation of the Platform’s services that have already been identified and identify other potential key services to ensure the financial sustainability of the platform in the medium and long term.
- They will build and maintain relationships that create a common understanding of the opportunity for the multi-stakeholder partnership.
- They will promote a productive work environment in which all EbA R2A Program partners clearly understand their roles, responsibilities and objectives associated to the Platform as a mechanism that supports the transition to a more sustainable and climate resilient agriculture sector in the region.
- They will identify other EbA R2A Program products that could be promoted and scaled though the Platform approach.
- They will work with TNC technical and communication teams to ensure assertive communication regarding the platform’s key objectives, concepts, and implementation of new agreements, processes, or programs
- They will work with the national hubs and EbA R2A Program output leaders to ensure the objectives of the platform are met, by providing relevant information for National hubs to fulfill their scope and by coordinating the collection of relevant data for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) purposes.
- They will represent the platform and the Program, and its partners, in national and international events, promoting its benefits and searching for further partnerships and private stakeholder engagement.
- They will coordinate closely with TNC to ensure that stakeholder engagement work is closely aligned with and directly supports the EbA R2A Program and the R2A strategy.
- They will coordinate the R2A platform work with Latin America Business Units and Iconic Place leaders (if needed) in order to strengthen relationships and outcomes.
- They will scope and invite appropriate or relevant organizations, companies, associations, or entities that represent regenerative agriculture stakeholders at the regional scale to join the regional platform in coordination with its members.
- They will perform duties under general supervision and established guidelines and make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Advanced Degree in Business, Communications, International Development, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, or related field, and at least 7 years’ similar positions experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 7 years of professional working and knowledge of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) field, Business Development, and/or Communications.
- At least 5 years of experience working in one of the following fields: international projects in sustainable agriculture, business model development, value chains, impact investing, public policy, fundraising.
- Experience leading or co-leading and co-managing complex projects and strategic initiatives within companies, civil society, or a comparable organization.
- Experience developing fundraising proposals for the corporate sector, particularly with a focus on development, conservation issues and/or agriculture and ranching.
- Ability to coordinate activities, solve problems, map systems-level issues and design innovative approaches to scaling.
- Analytical and project management skills.
- Experience handling standard business communications.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination scheme.
- At least 5 years’ of progressively responsible professional experience in partnership development, private sector engagement, relationship management related activities, systems-thinking and design-thinking principles, and cross-sectoral engagement.
- At least 5 years of proven expertise on project implementation related to regenerative agriculture, climate change adaptation, sustainable value chains, entrepreneurship, and business model development in the region.
- At least 5 years of experience demonstrating leadership and management of teams within either the private or public sectors.
- Experience in software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, cloud, and web-based tools (i.e., Miro) and use of file management system such as Box or similar tools.
- Experience managing multi-stakeholder groups or task force efforts.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience are appreciated.
- Fluency in language other than English (Spanish or Portuguese).
- Strong team player who can build relationships and work collaboratively across the organization, including with senior management, and with Conservancy partners.
- Communicating clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in Spanish and English. Portuguese a plus.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 52844, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on February 10th, 2023. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.