Gran Chaco Regenerative Business Model for Livestock Project Manager
The Nature Conservancy
Buenos Aires, Argentina
10 days ago
Buenos Aires, Argentina
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Gran Chaco Regenerative Business Model for Livestock Project Manager supports the development and implementation of a new project ‘Integrated Livestock and Non-Timber Forest Products (ILNTF) Systems’ which aims to develop one regenerative business model for the Argentinian Gran Chaco. This position will be closely aligned with two parallel initiatives being led by TNC in the Gran Chaco — The Regenerative Foodscape and the Ecosystem-based Adaptation for Regenerative Ranching and Agriculture (EbA R2A) Regional Program. This position will provide agriculture and ranching technical assistance to consolidate one regenerative business model by undergoing a comprehensive business context analysis, co-designing this business model with local stakeholders, and leading a demand analysis and marketing strategy to develop and improve market offerings for the regenerative products.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The Gran Chaco Regenerative Business Model for Livestock Project Manager will be responsible for leading technical assistance in regenerative ranching related issues with a focus on the Gran Chaco Region, supporting the analysis of new or existing sustainable business models and providing advice in market trends and sustainability initiatives related to the ranching/livestock production sectors. This position will promote and facilitate linkages between regenerative beef producers and buyers and leverage market forces to drive supply chain transformation, identifying opportunities for collaboration with different market actors at national and regional levels. She/he liaises with other TNC staff, notably field colleagues, as well as external actors as applicable, to help drive the implementation of the ILNTF Systems Project and collaborate with Regenerative Foodscape and EbA R2A Program staff and its’ associated country projects. Uses TNC code of conduct and competencies as a baseline to conduct their actions and be an example for others.
- Lead and coordinate the discussion on regenerative livestock production systems providing technical advice to consolidate one regenerative business model across the Argentinian Gran Chaco and alignment with Global and regional strategies facilitating the communication between the regional, country and local levels.
- Analyze and understand market needs and the required regenerative product specifications for national, regional and international markets, proposing appropriate distribution channels, identifying barriers in sales and marketing.
- Facilitate linkages between regenerative producers and buyers and leveraging market forces to drive supply chain transformation for the one business model under development/consolidation, identifying potential opportunities for collaboration with different market actors at the national and regional levels.
- Lead collaborations with private business partners in the development of processes intended to improve and verify sustainability in their supply chains, building upon existing partnerships to scale the uptake of this business model in the agricultural sector.
- Supervise contracts related to the development of regenerative business models, business cases and business plans, or other work related to the consolidation of the ILNTF model.
- Advises the development of regional assessment methodologies for environmental, social, and economic impacts of regenerative practices, including incomes, productivity, wellbeing, and climate resilience.
- Researches and prepares technical materials for the Argentina and Regional strategy team, including communications documents to present at workshops and meetings.
- Develops narratives, documents for semiannual report and coordinates with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) specialist in progress reports and submitting to donor.
- Reviews technical deliverables for quality control and alignment to consultancy objectives.
- Manages and maintains electronic shared files and folders in TNC internal file management system.
- Perform duties under general supervision and established guidelines.
- Makes day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently.
- Demonstrates sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise volunteers, interns, or temporary staff.
- Is willing to travel, work overtime, and work evenings and weekends as needed; and
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- MS or BS degree in Agricultural Sciences, Agribusiness, Business Administration, Economics, related field, and at least 6 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience or knowledge in conservation issues and related elements to agriculture and ranching practices, with a preference for the Argentinian Gran Chaco.
- Experience working with sustainable sourcing and supply chains in the agricultural sector and solid understanding of the key sustainability challenges as they relate to agricultural markets and supply chains.
- Ability to collaborate with other actors, and to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience collaborating on multiple projects.
- Experience handling standard business communications.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 52199, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on October 5th. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.