WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
As an Operations Administrator, you will play a crucial role in overseeing various aspects of TNC Europe daily operations, ensuring smooth and efficient functioning across departments and international offices. You will collaborate with management, staff, and stakeholders to maintain effective processes, accurate records and provide administrative support to help our organization achieve its mission.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Europe Region, the position will be based in Brussels, Belgium.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The Operations Administrator will be responsible for performing multiple administrative functions related to the Europe team. They will provide a highly specialized range of administrative, compliance, finance and procurement-related services to the Director of Finance & Operations.
In addition, the Operations Administrator may perform Information Systems, Finance administrative tasks, including processing forms, preparing reports, and monitoring budgets. They will use available systems and resources to maintain, track, and research data, and to produce and review reports. The Operations Administrator will provide guidance in satisfying administrative requirements based on extensive knowledge of policies and procedures. The Operations Administrator may communicate on behalf of their supervisor with internal and external sources, including staff, vendors and businesses in order to coordinate arrangements, convey information, and ensure successful execution of projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience, referring difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor
- Serve as a team member for assigned projects; providing support, such as research or implementation as assigned by management under coordination of all projects with several variables, working within a defined timeline and budget
- Coordinate with various departments and international offices to ensure seamless communication and collaboration.
- Assist in managing and streamlining daily operations, including logistics, procurement and facilities management for both local and international offices.
- Set up and maintain accurate records of operational activities, including inventory control.
- Implementing and maintaining filing systems, both physical and digital, to ensure easy access and retrieval of documents
- Supporting the planning and execution of internal and external events or conferences.
- Assisting with onboarding new employees, including organizing orientation sessions and preparing necessary materials.
- Assist in financial management, including purchasing, monitoring expenses, identifying critical errors, contracting with vendors and ensuring smooth processes.
- Processing, submitting and reviewing invoices, expense reports, and purchase orders.
- Assisting with budget planning, tracking, and reporting.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years related experience or equivalent combination;
- Experience coordinating administrative processes;
- Experience generating reports and interpreting data;
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading;
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines; and
- Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated.
- Ability to manage and implement complex processes.
- Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role.
- Advanced knowledge in current and evolving technology related to field of experience
- Strong organization, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Successful experience implementing strategic program goals
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 54093, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 13.10.2023 11:59 PM EST . Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.