Regional Regenerative Agronomist and Market Specialist
The Nature Conservancy
9 days ago
Aplicantes de otras ciudades de Colombia, Perú y Argentina serán considerados
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Regional Regenerative Agronomist and Market Specialist supports the development and implementation of the Ecosystem-based Adaptation for Regenerative Ranching and Agriculture (EbA R2A) Regional Program and country projects in Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, providing agriculture and ranching technical assistance to consolidate regenerative business models and negotiate to consistent with consolidate relationships with private business and production sectors to develop and improve market offerings for the regenerative products.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The Regional Regenerative Agronomist and Market Specialist will be responsible for leading technical assistance in regenerative agricultural related issues, supporting the analysis of new or existing business models and providing advice in market trends and sustainability initiatives related to the agriculture/productive sectors. This position will promote and facilitate linkages between regenerative producers and buyers and leverage market forces to drive supply chain transformation, identifying potential opportunities for collaboration with different market actors at national and regional levels. They liaise with other TNC staff, notably field colleagues, as well as external actors as applicable, to help drive the implementation of the EbA R2A Program and its’ associated country projects. Uses TNC code of conduct and competencies as a baseline to conduct their actions and be an example for others.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Lead and coordinate the discussion on EbA R2A productive systems providing technical advice to consolidate regenerative business models across the five target countries and the alignment with Global and regional strategies facilitating the communication between the regional, country and local levels.
- Analyze and understand market needs and the required regenerative product specifications for national, regional and international markets, proposing appropriate distribution channels, identifying barriers in sales and marketing.
- Facilitate linkages between regenerative producers and buyers and leveraging market forces to drive supply chain transformation across the five target countries, identifying potential opportunities for collaboration with different market actors at the national and regional levels.
- Lead interaction and manage technical supervision of the application of agronomic practices by partners and allied producers linked to projects or activities sponsored by TNC with the aim of guaranteeing proper use of scientific and technological state-of-the-art knowledge in regenerative agriculture.
- Lead collaborations with private business partners in the development of processes intended to improve and verify sustainability in their supply chains, building upon existing partnerships to scale the transformation of the agricultural sector.
- Supervise contracts related to the development of EbA R2A business models, business cases and business plans, or other work related to the consolidation of EbA R2A supply chains.
- Advises the development of regional assessment methodologies for environmental, social, and economic impacts of EbA R2A practices, including incomes, productivity, wellbeing and climate resilience.
- Researches and prepares technical materials for the R2A Strategy team, including communications documents to present at workshops and meetings.
- Develops narratives, documents for semiannual report and coordinates with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) specialist in progress reports.
- Review technical deliverables for quality control and alignment to consultancy objectives.
- Manages and maintains electronic shared files and folders in TNC internal file management system.
- Perform duties under general supervision and established guidelines;
- Make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently;
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information;
- Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise volunteers, interns, or temporary staff;
- Be willing to travel, work overtime, and work evenings and weekends as needed; and
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- MS or BS degree in Agricultural Sciences, Agribusiness, Business Administration, Economics,related field, and at least 6 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience or knowledge in conservation issues and related elements to agriculture and ranching practices.
- Experience working with sustainable sourcing and supply chains in the agricultural sector and solid understanding of the key sustainability challenges as they relate to agricultural markets and supply chains.
- Ability to collaborate with other actors, and to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience collaborating on multiple projects.
- Experience handling standard business communications.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
To apply for job ID 52202, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on October 6th. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.