Brazilian Amazon Economics and Finance Lead
The Nature Conservancy
30+ days ago
Pará state, Brazil
(Other cities in Brazil can be considered, since this post is Home office mode)
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
Market and financial levers
In close collaboration with Global, regional and local teams, TNC’s senior management, and partner organizations we will bring sophisticated economic models, business and financial solutions that can leverage conservation in the Brazilian Amazon, through equitable, socially just and inclusive approaches.
Economics and financial-centered projects
With your leadership, we will be able to guide a team of project managers focused on initiatives that aim to bring disruptive economic transformation and innovative financial solutions. Additionally, we will be able to develop new approaches, that can become transformative proposals and projects.
Economic and financial guidance and capacity building
Together we will have fun as we increase TNC and partner organizations’ capacities in economics and finance. Sharing knowledge and expertise will help our teams be more strategical and efficient in the implementation TNC’s work, while identifying new opportunities to leverage our initiatives and increase our impact.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
We are looking for you to bring sophisticated economic, business, and financial expertise. Teams across the Brazilian Amazon will be looking for your economics and financial leadership, to guide our conservation efforts in the Amazon biome and particularly in the State of Pará/Brazil, seeking innovative and state-of-the-art solution to tackle the main conservation, economic and social challenges in the region.
Responsibilities & Scope:
- Follow our Code of Conduct and demonstrate consistently our Values.
- Develops innovative economic and financial approaches
- Engages internal and external stakeholders to improve economic and financial solutions that can move our conservation efforts forward
- Proactively develops strategies and proposals to increase the financial resources flowing to TNC and partner organizations’ conservation initiatives
- Supports fundraising efforts, engaging, and participating in negotiation efforts with potential donors, investors and partners
- Scale and enhance TNC and partner organizations’ initiatives through market levers
- Directly manages a small, specialized team within the Brazilian Amazon
- Provides support and guidance to other divisions and leaders within TNC in Economic and Financial topics
- Works very closely with the Latin America Region hires in the area of finance
- Manages and implements a portfolio of projects
- Lead or participate in negotiations for complex, high profile or sensitive arrangements, initiatives, and agreements.
- Ensures the programmatic work is collaborative and well-integrated across organization.
- Makes independent decisions frequently based on analysis, experience and judgment.
- Ensures programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
- TNC has an occupational safety policy aimed to protect employees, partners and the communities where we work and serve. COVID-19 vaccine is a minimum requirement for all positions. Whenever applicable, as much as possible.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree and significant experience in a private sector environment, such as management consulting, fund/investment management and investment banking, or with a leading conservation organization or government entity working with market and financial levers
- Experience structuring financial deals and developing complex financial mechanisms
- Experience or proven knowledge through education and/or training programs with climate finance and carbon markets
- Experience managing small teams
- Experience developing and implementing complex projects and strategic initiatives in an unstructured environment.
- Experience leading and managing large scale projects, including working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience negotiating complex agreements.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English
- Significant professional experience with finance and applied economics
- Participation in the structuring of structured or blended finance mechanisms
- Experience with impact investment
- Experience with business and development of market-based solutions for conservation
- Experience developing and implementing climate finance or carbon markets initiatives
- Experience working with minorities or marginalized groups
- Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Strong team player who can build relationships and work collaboratively across the organization and with Conservancy partners.
- Outstanding analytical and portfolio management capabilities.
- Superior written and oral communications.
- International work experience desirable.
- MBA, Masters or similar degree with significant coursework in finance or economics.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for job ID 52032, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on September 21st, 2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.