Fresh Water Senior Project Manager - China
The Nature Conservancy
5 days ago
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Fresh Water Senior Project Manager develops, manages and advances conservation programs, plans and methods for large-scale geographic areas. The Fresh Water Senior Project Manager provides technical leadership and support to a business unit or Division by planning, directing and implementing preserve management programs and stewardship. They address critical threats to natural systems and individual species, fosters cross-site learning among an international conservation community, and supplies conservation planning teams (formerly called “eco regional” planning teams) with site or landscape level information relevant to the planning process. They develop and implement conservation strategies, employ a full range of protection tools to acquire varying degrees of legal interest in land and implements a variety of strategies to secure public and private support for TNC conservation priorities. They coordinate community support and maintain preserve areas frequented by the visiting public. May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
With more than 20 years conservation practices in China, TNC has a strong team with great talents who are working in different areas. And now we have an exceptional career opportunity for a highly motivated capable individual interested in joining the Fresh Water team of TNC China.
Fresh Water team of TNC China is dedicated to the freshwater ecosystem conservation protection & Sustainable hydropower management through comprehensive research, field work and cooperation, such as conducting conservation practice in the Yangtze River Basin, providing international freshwater conservation/management frameworks and introducing successful case studies & toolbox for freshwater protection under China’s context, as well as giving suggestions on specific policies through multiple cooperation platform. We are inviting the new member to join us and achieve conservation goal for the healthy river together.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- BA/BS, law or business degree and 5 years’ experience in natural resource management or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience negotiating complex agreements.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience communicating with the public and/or media both in writing and verbally.
- Experience using applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Web Browsers.
- Experience with principles of land acquisition.
- Experience in training and curriculum design.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated
- Knowledge and experience of freshwater ecosystem protection and watershed restoration, or similar field of natural resource management or equivalent combination of education in river ecology, hydrology, wetlands, fisheries and aquatic biodiversity.
- Knowledge and experience of designing and operating conservation projects are required. It includes: to prepare and draft proposal, reports and relevant documents, make and follow up budgets, cooperate with internal and external partners to implement the work plan and activities, etc.
- Ability to explain conservation practices to technical and non-technical audiences
- Have passion and willingness to apply science to decision-making and guide activities in freshwater and healthy river.
- As a member of the team, be able to share with others and contribute to the whole team, and support the team’s goal for a healthy river.
- Have excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work closely and effectively with a variety of partners, i.e., media, government officials, internal scientists.
- Excellent communication skills via written, spoken and graphical means in Mandarin and English.
- Be able to manage multiple projects activities with dynamic schedules and priorities, and be flexible to changes in prioritization of project.
- Be dependable, self-motivated, well-organized, and able to work independently with respect to responsibilities and timelines
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 52539, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role while committing to closing the gender pay gap and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.