WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube or on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
This is a fixed term position for 3 years with potential extension depending on individual performance and funding.
The Agricultural Specialist provides technical leadership and fulfil conservation objectives of food system transformation under urgent climate issues. The Specialist with strong agriculture & climate expertise and field experience provides scientific leadership to our work working closely with global multiple teams on the agenda of 2030 goals cross the Conservancy. This role develops and implements conservation strategies of regenerating climate-resilient foodscapes. The role coordinates community support, engages multiple stakeholders, sets deadlines and manages completion. May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
If you’re looking for a career where you can find meaning and purpose, come join our program as the Agricultural Specialist! Not only will you fulfill conservation objectives of food system transformation, but you’ll contribute to conservation goals through many networks!
We’re looking for a passionate, dedicated person to join our program and work within our team. Systems Leadership, creativity, and the ability to influence without authority are key in this role. Come join TNC and apply today!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in agriculture, climate mitigation and adaption in food system or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing staff or volunteers.
- Relationship building experience to work closely with a variety of partners, i.e., media, government officials, internal scientists.
- Experience completing tasks independently with respect to timeline(s).
- Experience with communication via written, spoken and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Experience using common software applications such as Word, Excel, web browsers, etc.
- Experience in training.
- Experience of working with international colleagues across multiple cultures and time zones
- Experience coordinating systematic rigorous studies to address large-scale, complex problems
- Experience implementing and managing short and long term programmatic goals
- Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with all levels of management and staff
- Proven negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to complete tasks independently within assigned time frames.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, with assignments sometimes coming from a number of sources and work independently.
- Ability to coordinate project information from a number of sources to populate databases, create reports and produce manual files.
- Experience utilizing databases for data entry and report production preferred.
- Strong administrative skills including attention to detail and numerical ability.
- Ability to plan, administer and record results of work-team meetings and activities.
To apply for job ID 54330 , submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.