Talent Sourcing Specialist
The Nature Conservancy
Arlington, VA, United States
10 days ago
Arlington, Virginia, USA
Location: Remote position; Flexible within USA, East Coast preferred
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At The Nature Conservancy we strive to make a difference every single day. We’re looking for a dedicated person to identify, engage, and attract top talent that will help us achieve our mission to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. The Talent Sourcing Specialist partners with our Executive Search Team in sourcing passive talent, screening and evaluating applicants and in maintaining a pipeline of qualified, diverse candidates across the organization. They will leverage their experience in building talent pools by identifying potential candidates and using cost-effective sourcing techniques to attract qualified applicants. They engage in internal “kick-off” calls with hiring managers, screen resumes, assist in daily recruiting project management, and may be requested to complete phone screen assessments. The Talent Sourcing Specialist builds relationships with professional associations as well as using social networking sites. The Talent Sourcing Specialist reports to the Talent Knowledge Manager and is a member of the Talent Acquisition Team.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and support our mission by finding the next great talent to help us save our planet.
The ideal candidate will do more than simple name generation. They will be able to identify and target potential applicants and be passionate about finding the needle in a haystack. They will employ sourcing and data mining methods by using a variety of techniques. They will have exceptional communication and collaboration skills and experience designing, organizing, and directing complex recruitment projects.
- Partner with the Executive Search Team to understand hiring needs, priorities, and timing.
- Post online ads. Join diversity LinkedIn groups and other recruiting job posting groups to share vacancy announcements.
- Directly source key talent through LinkedIn, web searches, social media, job boards, associations, and other sources.
- Track prospects via tracking tool designed by Executive Search Team and produce weekly reports for the Executive Search Team and hiring managers. They will track research results and the status of each recruitment.
- Review and report hiring metrics on applicant demographics per hire, time to fill and cost to fill, and help to advise the Executive Search Team on how to diversify applicant pools.
- Screen online resumes in PeopleSoft, reject those who do not meet qualifications, and produce a list of those whom the Executive Search Team should personally phone screen.
- Populate applicant lists in PeopleSoft and disposition applicants throughout the recruitment lifecycle.
- Attend online networking events to learn new sourcing tools and techniques, especially those related to finding diversity of talent.
- Help schedule candidate interviews and send prep materials in advance.
- Conduct research and deliver results with little supervision and effectively manage multiple recruiting-related projects with competing priorities.
- Respond to job posting inquiries and provide general administrative support.
- May occasionally be asked to provide first-level applicant screening and pre-qualification.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years HR related work experience or equivalent combination.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in sourcing, including market mapping, candidate identification, outreach, and candidate development.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: database management and spreadsheet software; constructing and producing reports; data input, manipulation and analysis.
- Experience working with MS Office software, HR information systems and analytics tools.
- Experience in social media channel sourcing, online presence (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), and advanced Internet research skills.
- A minimum of one year experience working with an applicant tracking system, including reporting and analytics.
- Experience building relationships with applicants, colleagues and hiring managers.
- Experience with written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in handling confidential and sensitive data.
- Experience multi-tasking, being resourceful, and persistent.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan with an 8% employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports of the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 52200, submit your resume and cover letter online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.