Senior Manager, Sustainer Acquisition, Innovations
The Nature Conservancy
Arlington, VA, United States
15 days ago
Arlington, Virginia, USA
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Senior Manager, Sustainer Acquisition, Innovations develops, creates and implements plans that align with the strategic priorities of the program to achieve sustainer and donor acquisition goals through multiple channels including incentivized digital, DRTV, sustainer lead generation and pilot channels leveraging the power of new technologies and innovations. They will use multiple data sources to make and apply strategic recommendations both internally and externally to ensure the new-to-file sustainer acquisition campaigns meet the established key performance indicators. This person will also be the main liaison between the fundraising team and operations, analytics and digital teams.
The Senior Manager of Sustainer Acquisition, Innovations will oversee the strategic priorities of the program by developing and coordinating tactics for approved plans and completing and/or managing day-to-day tasks. They will manage guidelines and analyze information to achieve results, improve workflow, and solve problems. They will report to leadership on activities. The Senior Manager will manage multiple vendor-partnerships, working with them to optimize performance and meet established goals. In collaboration with Operations and Analytics, this person will ensure that the database tools we have include the functionality needed for pilot channels and acquisition strategies. The Senior Manager will actively keep up-to-date on market trends and best practices in order to position TNC to be on the cutting edge of the latest fundraising opportunities. The Senior Manager works in close cooperation with any or all of the following: Conservancy staff at the worldwide office and across state chapters, donors, vendors, public agencies, financial institutions and legal and accounting professionals. They will manage diverse tasks, analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, project outcomes, and implement solutions in order to improve effectiveness.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Manage and serve as team lead on assigned projects.
- Collaborate across departments and teams within Membership on pilots and projects designed to increase sustainer and donor acquisition and overall revenue success.
- Evaluate results and develop recommendations for corrected strategies as needed.
- May supervise professional and/or administrative staff.
- Manage assigned budget, evaluate results and develop recommendations for corrective strategies as needed.
- Responsibility and accountability for meeting project goals and objectives.
- Resolves complex issues independently within program area.
- Opportunity to act independently within program goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 7 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with multi-channel fundraising.
- Experience in managing and reporting on sustainer programs.
- Experience applying fundraising principles on projects/programs.
- Experience in managing multiple fundraising vendors.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing client and account relationships.
- Experience implementing and managing multiple complex projects.
- Experience negotiating agreements.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Experience reporting on fundraising programs.
- Experience with DRTV, digital and telemarketing fundraising preferred.
- Experience implementing and managing fundraising plans, including individualized cultivation, solicitation and recognition plans.
- Experience leading in a team-based environment with internal and/or external partners.
- Practical knowledge of current and evolving trends related to field of experience.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate ideas in a compelling manner.
- Detailed knowledge of procedures and terms in relevant field of experience.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan to include employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for job ID 51668, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.