Legal Information Specialist (Two Positions) Hybrid (Arlington, VA)
The Nature Conservancy
Arlington, VA, United States
20 days ago
Arlington, Virginia USA
WHO WE ARE
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world working in more than 75 countries and territories. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Legal Information Specialist is responsible for managing and maintaining the Legal conservation project database and related systems to provide accurate data regarding conservation projects, land management, and legal transactions. This involves data entry, data quality control, data analysis, data editing, and creating reports from the data.
As part of the Legal Data Resource Center team, the Legal Information Specialist provides training and support at all levels of the Conservancy on how to enter, edit, retrieve data, and function as a data manager. The Legal Information Specialist participates in reviewing and editing project documents, developing various training manuals and documentation, and managing legal land protection documents to comply with a Records Retention Schedule. Responsibilities include receiving, organizing, and archiving hard copy and electronic files. The Legal Information Specialist generates periodic and ad hoc internal and external reports to assess major project plans and/or identify and prioritize issues affecting field and senior management decisions concerning Conservancy planning, policies, and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Ensures integrity of both data collection and management relating to conservation projects, land management, and legal transactions.
- Assists with developing training documentation and materials.
- Maintains relational database programs and provides technical expertise and support to Conservancy staff.
- Provides quality control and management of physical and electronic files for projects and transactions.
- Assists in developing and implementing appropriate systems and processes related to conservation reporting and analysis.
- Runs reports to meet program needs, resolving data discrepancies.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two (2) years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience maintaining a centralized relational database system.
- Experience implementing and directing multiple projects.
- Experience using MS office software including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Experience applying research skills, including obtaining information from the Internet.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Basic knowledge of legal real estate practice.
- Experience manipulating, analyzing, and/or interpreting data.
- Experience producing database reports and analyses. Ability to use advanced computer functions.
- Demonstrated flexibility to changing situations and priorities.
- Experience in providing “customer service” skills and focus.
WHAT WE BRING
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan to include employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for Job ID 51420, submit your materials (COVER LETTER and RESUME REQUIRED) online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on July 5, 2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.