Learning & Technology Program Coordinator (Flexible Location within USA)
The Nature Conservancy
Arlington, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Arlington, Virginia, USA
The location for this position is flexible within the U.S.
WHO WE ARE
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
Although you’ll see requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Passion, innovation, and diversity are all key components to advancing our Mission and we encourage you to apply.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of operations activities in support of leadership and management learning programs provided by the Chief People Office’s Learning & Development team. Activities and projects to be supported include virtual and face-to-face workshops, orientations, logistics, tracking and reporting, webinars, and trainings.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for performing multiple administrative functions including scheduling and coordinating program logistics; maintaining program and project calendars, tracking tools, and shared online workspaces. This position will assist with program communications, promotion, scheduling, and reporting, and maintaining the learning management system (LMS) with current offerings and enrollments. They will handle all logistical aspects of programs such as contracting venues and consultants, organizing materials, and handle inquiries. They will work cooperatively with Conservancy staff, providing information necessary, and may communicate on behalf of their supervisor with internal and external sources, including staff, donors, vendors, and businesses in order to coordinate arrangements, convey information, and ensure successful execution of the program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Perform duties under general supervision and established guidelines.
- Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience, referring difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
- Coordinate projects with several variables, working within a defined timeline and budget.
- Act as producer in virtual online learning, assisting facilitators with breakout rooms, monitoring chat, and other technological and logistical needs.
- Partner with Chief People Office communications staff to promote learning programs.
- Create and share reports with completions and evaluation data.
- Assist in the creation of learning materials, including presentations, facilitator guides, videos and other products.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Perform non-routine analysis, research and follow-through.
- Ensure compliance with Conservancy policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Financial responsibility includes purchasing, processing invoices, and contracting with vendors.
- May act as a resource to others to solve problems.
- Provide input through project teams for the improvement of existing programs.
- Responds to inquiries, specific to a function, which may be routine to fairly complex in nature.
- Travel and work flexible hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience coordinating administrative processes.
- Experience generating reports and interpreting data.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Experience with live online learning and meeting tools, such as Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Ability to analyze information for the purpose of preparing reports, coordinating and planning activities, and solving problems.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills and focus.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated.
- Experience in marketing / communications a plus.
To apply for job ID 51585, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on June 21, 2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.