Impact Investing Associate, NatureVest (location flexible)
The Nature Conservancy
Arlington, VA, United States
10 days ago
Arlington, Virginia, USA
This position can work remotely throughout the United States. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
NatureVest is the impact investment unit of The Nature Conservancy. NatureVest’s mission is to create and transact investable deals that deliver conservation results and financial returns for investors. Our vision is based on the conviction that capital markets, businesses and governments must invest in nature as the long-term capital stock of a sustainable, equitable and more efficient economy. To achieve our mission, we source and structure investment products that support TNC’s global strategies, raise capital for these investments, and share our knowledge and experience with the investment and conservation communities to amplify our efforts in this emerging area. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Impact Investing Associate is a member of the Impact Management Team (IMT) and supports implementation of two major NatureVest partnerships with institutional investors. As a member of the IMT, the Associate will engage across multiple TNC business units in the US, as well as in Latin America and Australia, to bring TNC’s conservation science and technical expertise to deliver high value conservation outcomes that align with regional and local priorities. This position can be based out of any TNC office in the U.S or be fully remote from a U.S. location.
The Associate supports key processes for successful implementation of partnerships with institutional investors. The Associate will report to the Conservation & Community Impact Lead and provide the team support in project management, conservation transactions, and coordination across multiple geographies and cross-functional teams. The Associate is involved in the development of conservation transactions, implementation of restoration and research projects, due diligence of investments, and monitoring & reporting. The candidate will use project management tools and ensure accurate tracking of deliverables & outcomes. As necessary, the Associate will organize key meetings and trainings and ensure they are facilitated appropriately to achieve desired goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Supports implementation of key processes for the IMT, including effective and efficient flow of communication, decision-making, and project management for the team and regional TNC programs that have an IMT nexus.
- Tracks and coordinates team deliverables and progress on annual workplan using project management tools such as Asana, Excel, and other methods; manages document file systems.
- Schedules, plans and prepares for team and extended team meetings, as appropriate; helps facilitate and provide needed follow-up; and tracks deliverables and deadlines.
- Designs and implements complex and diverse projects encompassing multiple programs. Coordinates with cross-functional, cross-geographic teams to streamline review of potential investments and to achieve desired conservation outcomes during asset management.
- Serves as a team leader for assigned projects.
- Provides support for conservation transactions, including economic evaluation, public funding research, and coordination with partners.
- Provides strategic analysis in support of conservation outcomes.
- Incorporates cross disciplinary knowledge to support program objectives.
- Supports the development of materials for grant applications, donor reports, and strategic communication.
- Assists with contract management, including interacting with external parties to develop contracts, as needed, and manages contractors to ensure project success;
- Performs tasks with minimal supervision and makes independent decisions based on analysis, experience, and judgment;
- Requires willingness and ability to travel up to 25% both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Policy, Environmental Studies, Resource Management or related field and 3 years of related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience supporting complex projects and strategic initiatives in an unstructured environment.
- Analytical and project management experience.
- Oral and written communication skills experience in English.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail experience.
- Experience coordinating the work of geographically dispersed teams and cross-functional staff.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience are appreciated.
- Fluency in a language other than English (ideally Spanish) appreciated.
- Self-starter with ability to generate work plans with limited support in line with the overall conservation strategies.
- Experience contributing to business plans or major strategy assessments.
- Willingness to learn and develop expertise in new conservation strategies, management tools, and global affairs.
- Strong team player who can build relationships and work collaboratively across the organization and with partners.
- Knowledge of and experience with regenerative agriculture principles or ecological restoration.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan to include employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for job ID 51686, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.