Global HR Operations Manager (location flexible)
The Nature Conservancy
Arlington, VA, United States
19 days ago
Arlington, Virginia, USA
The location of this position is flexible within any country where TNC is registered to do business.
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there are lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Global HR Operations Manager utilizes broad global HR experience to lead projects across multiple functions: Global Core HR, Global Mobility, Global Compensation, Global Benefits and Global Payroll, with a high level of expertise. This position also manages high-level administrative support across these functions. The Global HR Operations Manager is part of a dynamic team that provides global HR operations support services to a global organization of over 4000 employees in 40 countries and growing.
The Global HR Operations Manager is responsible for providing global HR operations support across team functions that requires strong self-driven problem solving, proactive, complex, elevated written and verbal communications, critical thinking and ability to lead and finish projects. This position is responsible for administering and maintaining HR systems, programs, procedures, and plans according to HR policies and will provide assistance to all levels of personnel on various HR related issues and requests.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Provide advanced project management, research and outreach expertise across Global HR Operations functions.
- Lead projects and participates on project teams relevant to HR strategic initiatives.
- Lead teams and implementation of high-level work that supports a decentralized and dispersed organization.
- Functional lead for global core HR support needs.
- Support and participate in high level recruitments.
- Resolve moderately complex issues based on expert knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and HR practice.
- Provide excellent customer service and partner with all levels of the organization on various inquires and projects.
- Consistently demonstrate professional demeanor, as well as discretion and sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and flexibility when interpreting and analyzing complex information and providing recommendations.
- Complete multiple and variable responsibilities timely and improve processes.
- Act independently based on expertise and escalate issues and unusual problems to supervisor.
- Use complex communication skills to effectively educate and influence.
- Work virtually and flexibly with hours to accommodate global time zones.
- Conduct training as requested.
- May manage professional level HR staff.
- Work environment involves infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years HR related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience managing the administration, progress and maintenance of human resource functions for one or more of the following: employee relations, compensation and performance management, benefits, payroll, staff development/training, organizational development, and recruiting.
- Experience working with senior managers to develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives.
- Experience using MS Office software with experience in constructing and producing reports, data.
- Ability to lead project teams with strong attention to detail and ability to drive for results and meet deadlines.
- Experience serving multiple countries.
- Experience working across multiple HR functions, such as, managing global mobility, global compensation, global benefits, and global payroll functions.
- Experience with complex projects requiring elevated communications to executive level stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills and training experience.
- Advanced organizational skills and ability to independently balance competing priorities.
- Advanced technical and polished written and verbal communication skills, with all levels of individuals.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, experience delivering high quality customer service, communicating clearly and with influence.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills and solve complex matters with little, or no assistance.
- Ability to oversee Global HR Operations functions in absence of Sr. Mgr. Global HR Operations.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with internal and external partners.
- Ability to manage vendor engagements and hold them accountable to service level agreements.
- Experience in developing written guidelines, protocols, process flows, policies.
- Advanced understanding of fundamental HR concepts, processes, and services.
- Negotiation skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Experience with PeopleSoft human resources management system.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- May require fluency in foreign language(s) to support global operations.
- May require limited travel.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, stressful and highly visible environment.
To apply for job ID 51854, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on August 14, 2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.