Executive Assistant to the Chief Investment Officer
The Nature Conservancy
Arlington, VA, United States
21 days ago
Arlington, Virginia, USA
This is a hybrid position with required in-office presence 3 days a week at the Arlington, Virginia office.
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Investment Officer is a member of TNC’s Office of Investments. The Office of Investments team mission is to support the funding of TNC’s global conservation priorities by increasing the organization’s purchasing power through prudent and sustainable investment management. The Office of Investments team, under the leadership of TNC’s Chief Investment Officer (CIO), works on all aspects of the management and monitoring of the endowment and other long-term pools of capital in excess of $4B. The Nature Conservancy’s investment assets are used to support TNC’s global operations and most pressing conservation projects.
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Investment Officer will perform a variety of administrative tasks including heavy calendar management, domestic and international travel arrangements, logistics planning, and ad hoc projects for the CIO. Responsibilities include drafting and proofreading correspondence and materials, processing expenses, and preparing timesheets for the CIO. The Executive Assistant to the Chief Investment Officer will report to the Chief of Staff and will also work closely with the Director of Investment Administration and Investment Operations Manager. Additionally, the Executive Assistant to the Chief Investment Officer will assist the Investment Operations Manager in the day-to-day execution of investment operations tasks supporting the overall efforts of the investment office. They will, at times, communicate on behalf of the Office of Investments and will have contact with stakeholders, including members of the investment committee, external vendors and investment managers. The Executive Assistant to the Chief Investment Officer must be proficient in Outlook and Microsoft products such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. The Executive Assistant to the Chief Investment Officer will coordinate activities with multiple variables, set realistic deadlines and manage timelines. They will take on additional duties to enhance the work of the team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Strategic management of the CIO’s calendar to help manage the CIO’s time in an effective way. Strategic planning for recurring meetings, trips, and attendance to internal and external events across multiple time zones. Prioritize calendar items and scheduling according to the needs of the Office of Investments.
- Plan and execute complex, detailed domestic and international travel itineraries including all transportation, hotel accommodations, obtaining all necessary visas and travel documents and processing expense reports.
- Work in close cooperation with the Chief of Staff, Director of Investment Administration and Investment Operations Manager.
- Monitor incoming communications from external managers in the central investment inbox and initiate proper workflows to process action items.
- Maintain and review document storage and accuracy in Backstop (Portfolio Management System).
- Assist the Investment Operations Manager with investment activities process including onboarding new managers, additional subscription, redemptions, and terminations.
- Act independently within broad program goals to prioritize tasks in the absence of specific instructions and exercise independent judgment to identify and solve problems.
- Take the initiative to identify and undertake opportunities that add value to the efficient operation of the Office of Investments.
- Partner with senior team members, including the Chief Investment Officer, on ad hoc projects.
- Assist with monthly “flash” performance report, performance reconciliation, and related tasks.
- Record cash flow transactions as needed.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. We’re looking for someone with strong experience in providing direct support to a senior manager or high-level business unit director!
The ideal candidate should have exceptional communication and collaboration skills and experience designing, organizing, and directing high level administrative tasks. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing mission of conservation by directing and shaping the work of our team!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience managing the schedule and contacts of a senior leader.
- Experience with database management.
- Experience working across departments.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to implement complex processes.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Experience generating reports and analyzing and interpreting data.
- Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff.
- Experience coordinating projects.
- Successful experience implementing strategic program goals.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan with an 8% employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports of the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 53419, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.