Bilingual Editorial & Content Manager (Remote)
The Nature Conservancy
Arlington, VA, United States
26 days ago
Arlington, Virginia, USA
Location is flexible. The selected candidate should anticipate a need to develop modes of working with a core team located in North America time zones. May be fully remote or hybrid (home/office).
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Bilingual Editorial & Content Manager is responsible for collaborating with audience and channel owners across Marketing & Communications (MAC) teams to develop and maintain TNC’s Spanish-language editorial and content strategy, and support multi-language content initiatives. They will produce and publish priority Spanish-language content across owned channels (nature.org, email, social) designed to raise awareness, grow engagement and increase influence with key audiences across the globe. They will also coordinate translation, production and publishing of content in Portuguese and other languages for select MAC campaigns, content products and events. They will sit on TNC’s Editorial & Content Development (E&C) team.
The Bilingual Editorial & Content Manager is a creative content strategist, producer and storyteller. They are responsible for the production and publishing of engaging Spanish-language content for TNC’s Spanish nature.org, ConservAccion email newsletter and other owned channels—aligned with E&C-team and MAC-wide priorities and goals. They will also coordinate the translation, development and publishing of content in Portuguese, as well as other languages, for select MAC campaigns, content products and events. They will manage and maintain both short-term and long-term Spanish-language editorial and content strategy, goals and key performance metrics. They will be responsible for the successful coordination, production and management of web pages and landing page updates that support TNC’s multiple business units, with a primary focus on Spanish-speaking audiences. They will collaborate extensively with E&C teammates, Channel strategy, Regional Marketing teams and other TNC colleagues to achieve MAC goals.
As the Bilingual Editorial & Content Manager you will:
- Manage content strategy and production of Spanish-language content on TNC’s flagship website (nature.org) and email (ConservAccion) based on audience goals.
- Serve as a lead coordinator of translation needs for global marketing campaigns, including coordinating content production for articles, videos, social media posts, digital landing pages and related assets, as well as provide strategic guidance for multi-language site content.
- Work closely with a translation service for multi-language content production and review.
- Manage and advise on a multi-channel content strategy and production, including Spanish-language email.
- Review (writing and editing) translated content that adheres to a consistent level of editorial and content strategy across nature.org.
- Think creatively and critically to identify new opportunities for meaningful impact throughout various marketing team initiatives.
- Work closely with content, channel and analytics teams to determine content effectiveness and execute meaningful reporting and optimized content based on performance.
- Ability to travel on occasion for in-person TNC retreats and meetings
- Maintain best practices for creating and managing high quality content at scale.
- Evaluate results from content performance analytics and develop optimization strategies, as needed.
- May supervise one or more professional and/or administrative staff.
- Responsibility and accountability for meeting project goals and objectives.
- Opportunity to act independently within program goals.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for work you can believe in? Are you a creative strategist passionate about reaching diverse audiences? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. We’re looking for someone who can help us to raise awareness, grow engagement and increase influence with key audiences across the globe by developing and maintaining TNC’s Spanish-language editorial and content strategy, and support multi-language content initiatives. We’re looking for someone who is a passionate, motivated storyteller. Come join TNC and apply today!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 7 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Experience in current digital content management systems and digital asset managers
- Experience cultivating and managing client/customer relationships.
- Experience implementing and managing multiple complex projects.
- Experience negotiating agreements.
- Experienced storyteller and content producer with excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Translating, writing, editing and proofreading experience.
- Experience in content and audience strategy, including as it relates to Spanish-speaking audiences.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise web and email content management systems and tools.
- Experience in project management, developing marketing strategies and measuring results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in marketing, content and digital/social media trends and best practices
- In addition to fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish, comfort working with written and spoken Portuguese and/or other languages is appreciated but not required.
- Multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Independent and self-motivated with the ability to participate effectively in a remote team environment.
- Knowledge of/interest in current and evolving conservation and environmental trends in the U.S., Latin America and the world.
- Ability to lead and coordinate multi-disciplinary teams with members based in different countries around the world.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences from technical information.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare presentations and analyze data using Adobe Analytics to construct reports.
- Practical knowledge of marketing and branding principles.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 53061, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.
- Health insurance