Corporate Engagement Coordinator
The Good Food Institute
Washington, DC, United States
10 days ago
Encourage corporate innovation to transform the food system
The Good Food Institute is a nonprofit think tank working to make the global food system better for the planet, people, and animals. Alongside scientists, businesses, and policymakers, GFI's teams focus on making plant-based, fermentation-enabled, and cultivated meat delicious, affordable, and accessible. Powered by philanthropy, GFI is an international network of organizations advancing alternative proteins as an essential solution needed to meet the world's climate, global health, food security, and biodiversity goals.
How You Will Make a Difference
GFI's Corporate Engagement (CE) team accelerates innovation and scales the supply chain faster than market forces alone would allow. Our work across the private sector advances the alternative protein industry and enables market breakthroughs. We identify key white spaces and emerging opportunities and provide actionable, open-source market data and consumer insights. We foster an idea-rich startup ecosystem and help guide incumbent food and meat manufacturers' alternative protein strategy. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the Corporate Engagement team's work to accelerate the commercialization of alternative proteins. The Corporate Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and implementing CE's suite of newsletters targeting different corporate audiences, developing a welcome email program, developing special edition email bulletins on topical features, and maintaining and growing email lists.
- Planning, maintaining, and improving CE-owned databases.
- Coordinating and organizing CE-owned events, including webinars, executing the Business of Alt Protein seminar series, and leading coordination of CE programming for the Good Food Conference.
- Supporting CE team members on pitching, planning, and securing external speaking engagements at conferences and events.
- Leading maintenance, organization, and auditing of slide decks and assisting in the creation of slides and presentation preparation.
- Supporting the Corporate Engagement Project Manager in the coordination of key CE projects.
- Developing robust reporting dashboards to track newsletter, event, and resource engagement and analyzing ROI.
- Coordinating onboarding of CE's cohort of interns.
- Supporting the coordination of departmental project planning, reporting, and resource promotion processes.
- Supporting audience engagement, as needed, particularly in disseminating information and coordinating promotional activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We're Looking For
The Corporate Engagement Coordinator must have:
- A degree in a related field (e.g. business, marketing, communications) or at least one year of experience in marketing, sales, or corporate affairs.
- A strong work ethic.
- Persuasive and engaging interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project coordination skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and synthesis skills.
- A command of tools key to CE functioning, including Salesforce, Asana, Zoom for webinars, and Google Suite.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and to building an inclusive workplace where everyone feels like they belong.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI's philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in plant based & other alt proteins, public health, environmentalism, climate change, animal protection, or hunger relief.
- A commitment to GFI's values: believe change is possible, do the most good we can, share knowledge freely, act on evidence, and invite everyone to the table.
We want the best people and we don't want biases holding us back. We are testing a third-party anonymizing tool to redact personal information from submitted applications — including name, location, contact details, and several other factors — to reduce bias and increase fairness in our process. We strongly encourage people of every race, color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
Research indicates that men tend to apply for jobs when they meet just 60% of the criteria, while women and people from other marginalized groups only apply if they are a 100% match. If you are passionate about GFI's mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don't check all the boxes, please apply. We'd appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Emma Ignaszewski; Associate Director, Industry Intelligence & Initiatives
- Location: Remote; United States
- Travel: Up to two weeks per year for organization retreats.
- Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues. More information here: https://tinyurl.com/GFIBenefits.
- This is a U.S.-based position: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- COVID vaccination policy: GFI requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be requested before the start of employment. GFI will consider requests for accommodations or exemptions from this policy on a case by case basis, in accordance with applicable laws.
- Salary: $66,000-$70,206.24 (depending on experience and qualifications)
Application Deadline: April 13, 2023
Decided not to apply? If after reviewing this job description, you have decided not to apply, please let us know why by completing this short survey: https://tinyurl.com/GFIJobSurvey.
Interested in working at the Good Food Institute? Join us for the Career Opportunities Webinar to learn more about our work and ask questions about specific job opportunities! See upcoming webinar dates and more information at https://tinyurl.com/GFICareers.