Senior Manager, Steel, London
The Climate Group
London, United Kingdom
22 days ago
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Manager to take forward the delivery and expansion of Climate Groups steel focused work in particular SteelZero, a key initiative in our portfolio of global corporate commitment campaigns including RE100, EP100, EV100 and ConcreteZero. The post holder will work within Climate Groups Industry System team, based in London and working with our international offices and partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and extend Climate Groups body of work on steel decarbonisation, one of the most important areas for business action on climate. Reporting to the Head of Industry and responsible for line management of a growing team, the role involves close working relationships with colleagues across the organisation.
About Climate Group
Climate Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, ensuring that everyone in our team has the opportunity to thrive and excel. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Climate Group drives climate action. Fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to drive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action.
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, Amsterdam, Beijing, New Delhi and New York.
About the role
The Senior Managers role is to drive the delivery and expansion of Climate Groups evolving SteelZero initiative as well as our wider body of steel focused work. They will consolidate progress already underway in the current Accelerate Phase and develop and deliver further opportunities. In particular, the wider Climate Group Industry strategy is focused on expanding our work in key markets (e.g. India, the US, South Korea, Japan & China), and delivering real world impact across the steel supply chain and policy landscape.
SteelZero is an initiative run by Climate Group in partnership with ResponsibleSteel. Our mission is to mobilise transformative global demand for low emission, near- and eventually net-zero steel. Driving this systemic change across the full steel supply chain, we work with key decision makers across the technology, policy and investment landscape.
The Senior Manager will work closely with colleagues across our offices in Delhi, New York, Amsterdam and Beijing, as well as additional international partners and associates. They will also have a wider responsibility for line management in the Industry team, overseeing work of the Engagement Manager, Industry and Campaign Manager, Industry who cover responsibilities across steel and concrete portfolio.
Lead delivery, scoping and development of SteelZero and wider steel related work
- Manage and evolve existing and new relationships to meet campaign aims, including working closely with the technical team at ResponsibleSteel, to efficiently deliver and broaden SteelZero activities
- Design and support the implementation of core project processes to deliver Climate Groups Industry strategy, including working with our Fundraising and Communications teams
- Represent Climate Group, SteelZero and other business action campaigns at international events
- Contribute to regular progress reports, annual reports and other matters as required
Commitment to the mission of Climate Group, SteelZero and wider heavy industry decarbonisation
- Experience working in or in partnership with the private sector and ideally with senior/board level personnel
- Knowledge and experience of energy and climate issues heavy industry decarbonisation a bonus
- Demonstrable aptitude in project and budget management
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and ability to multi-task in order to meet strict timelines and budgets
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Appreciation of commercial and financial drivers for businesses and NGOs
- Team player with the ability to identify where support is needed and comfortable delivering an administrative workload where necessary alongside more strategic activities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships across a range of cultural contexts
- Proactive and able to work independently and unsupervised to deliver tasks and achieve project objective
Strong research skills and ability to analyse complex policy and business content
- Media experience (providing interviews for print and an aptitude for external written communications)
- Experience working internationally with governments and regulators
Youll be based in our London head office in Tower Hill (SE1 2NQ), a 10-minute walk from London Bridge station and enjoy the benefits of flexible and hybrid working: 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
As well as having excellent green credentials, our brand new open-plan workspace offers the ultimate flexibility for your working day, whether youre working collaboratively, hosting a hybrid meeting with your global colleagues, or need some focus time in an acoustic booth or at a standing desk. The building also offers a well-equipped gym, secure bike parking and showers.
What we offer
Our people are at the heart of what we do and are our greatest asset. Youll be joining a global community of bold, ambitious doers who are committed to driving climate action fast.
This is a full-time permanent position.
The salary offered is £42,300-£51,700 per annum, based on experience.
In addition to the rewards youll find from working with friendly, passionate people wholl challenge and help you grow, we offer a fantastic benefits package:
25 days holiday per year, plus public holidays
- Long-service holiday bonus of an additional day after three and six years service
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme after three months service
- Hybrid working
- Private medical insurance and cash plan on completion of probation
- Life assurance
- Monthly wellbeing allowance plus Headspace membership
- Paid leave for volunteering, moving house and getting married
- Season ticket loan
- Bike loan scheme
- Comprehensive learning and development initiatives to help you reach your full potential
How to apply
Submit your application now using the Apply button.
Applications for this position should come in the form of a CV and cover letter, which should be no longer than one page and should include why you want to work with Climate Group, your relevant experience, and what strengths youll bring to the organisation.
If you need any further information, require the job advert in an accessible format, or need additional support at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact Jen Carson, Head of Industry, email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 8th August 2022. Well be holding interviews on a rolling basis, therefore welcome and encourage early applications and hold the right to close this vacancy as soon as we hire a suitable candidate.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the UK are a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by Climate Group.
Help us to improve
Once youve submitted your application, we invite you to complete an anonymous demographic questionnaire, which will take no more than 1 minute.
Whilst its entirely optional, your contribution will make a big difference to helping us grow our diverse community.
The questionnaire is for internal purposes only and wont be linked to your application in any way.