Senior Manager, Client Experience, London
The Climate Group
London, United Kingdom
30+ days ago
The Climate Group is seeking a 12-month maternity cover for the role of Senior Manager, Client Experience. This position leads the Client Experience (CX) team within our global organisation. The CX team is central to the large-scale multi-year business development strategy to generate predictable unrestricted income from our corporate and government networks. Additionally, the CX Team is responsible for systematising and strengthening the commercial and climate impact value we offer to these networks.
About Climate Group
Climate Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, ensuring that everyone in our team has the opportunity to thrive and excel. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Climate Group drives climate action. Fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to drive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action.
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, Amsterdam, Beijing, New Delhi and New York.
About the role
The Client Experience team is matrixed across existing functional structures (such as our Systems teams, Under2 Coalition and Communications team) with the purpose of systematising and harmonising the network management process which is the bedrock of programmatic delivery and creation of impact for the organisation.
The CX team drives engagement from clients (corporates and governments), sets common standards and processes for managing relationships and transactions with members, administers membership delivery, and executes on less technical elements of member benefits packages. The goals of the CX Team are to ensure that:
- All companies and governments receive consistent and high-quality service and engagement as part of the experience of working with the Climate Group.
- Revenue and climate impact opportunities from the management of the Climate Groups networks are maximised
The particular responsibilities for the role of Senior Manager, Client Experience are:
CX Team Leadership
Maintaining and evolving resource and strategic planning for the CX Team and ensuring this supports overall Climate Group goals and strategy.
- Providing high-quality management (CX Managers for Government and Corporate Relations, Membership Sales Officer), in line with HR policies.
- Delivering a cohesive approach to client/member management which can be applied consistently and effectively across all regional offices and programmatic areas;
- Ensuring that the Climate Groups approach to network management is resourced appropriately across teams and global offices and local campaign/programme partners;
- Benchmarking the Climate Groups approach to network management internally and externally, to ensure that processes used and products offered to clients continue to be of market-leading quality and drive efficiency of delivery and member retention;
- Leading on internal communication relating to Client Experience as well as strategic/financial reporting to EMT and Board members in collaboration with Commercial Strategy Lead
- Ensuring that global membership income generates positive financial returns for the organisation and is managed within set budgets
- Working with colleagues in finance and fundraising to produce accurate income and expenditure forecasting for the CX Team.
- Experience working in customer experience/customer success, account management, sales, customer support or a similar client-facing role, with strong grounding in relationship management, stakeholder outreach/coordination, and external relations management
- Experience of product design and testing
- Track record of success in project delivery, including managing partners and subcontractors to ensure fulfilment of the project schedule and quality of work.
- Commitment to the mission of the Climate Group
- Strong organisational skills, with attention to detail and ability to multi-task in order to meet strict timelines.
- Excellent team-building and communications skills, with proven ability to collaborate effectively with multiple international stakeholders internally and externally.
- Experience managing senior stakeholders e.g. C-suite executives, government officials
- Proactive and able to work independently and unsupervised to deliver tasks and achieve project objectives.
- Ability to work well in a matrix and cross functional team structure
- Track record of income generation whether in sales, business development, partnerships or fundraising
- Experience working on climate policy, energy or international development issues
- Experience with developing and delivering impactful, integrated marketing strategies
Youll be based in our London head office in Tower Bridge (SE1 2NQ), a 10-minute walk from London Bridge station and enjoy the benefits of flexible and hybrid working: 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
As well as having excellent green credentials, our brand new open-plan workspace offers the ultimate flexibility for your working day, whether youre working collaboratively, hosting a hybrid meeting with your global colleagues, or need some focus time in an acoustic booth or at a standing desk. The building also offers a well-equipped gym, secure bike parking and showers.
Occasional international travel may be required.
Our people are at the heart of what we do and are our greatest asset. Youll be joining a global community of bold, ambitious doers who are committed to driving climate action fast.
This is a full-time, fixed term 12-month maternity cover position.
The salary offered is £43,570 - £48,400 per annum, based on experience.
In addition to the rewards youll find from working with friendly, passionate people wholl challenge and help you grow, we offer a fantastic benefits package:
25 days holiday per year, plus public holidays
- Long-service holiday bonus of an additional day after three and six years service
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme after three months service
- Hybrid working from our London Bridge office
- Private medical insurance and cash plan on completion of probation
- Life assurance
- Monthly wellbeing allowance plus Headspace membership
- Paid leave for volunteering, moving house and getting married
- Season ticket loan
- Bike loan scheme
- Comprehensive learning and development
How to apply
Submit your application now using the Apply button.
Applications for this position should come in the form of a CV and cover letter, which should be no longer than one page and should include why you want to work with Climate Group, your relevant experience, and what strengths youll bring to the organisation.
If you need any further information, require the job advert in an accessible format, or need additional support at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact Christopher Brown, Commercial Strategy Lead, email@example.com.
The application process is open until filled so we welcome and encourage early applicants.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the UK are a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by Climate Group.
Help us improve
Once youve submitted your application, we invite you to complete an anonymous demographic questionnaire, which will take no more than 1 minute.
Whilst its entirely optional, your contribution will make a big difference to helping us grow our diverse community.
The questionnaire is for internal purposes only and wont be linked to your application in any way.