Membership Marketing Manager, London
The Climate Group
London, United Kingdom
14 days ago
The Membership Marketing Manager will play a pivotal role in helping us to support the growth and development of the membership offer for the Under2 Coalition, our global membership network of states and regions. They will have the opportunity to drive forward our membership programme to make a real-world, impact for an organisation who is driven by purpose.
About Climate Group
Climate Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, ensuring that everyone in our team has the opportunity to thrive and excel. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Climate Group drives climate action, fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to support positive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable.
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, Beijing, Amsterdam, New Delhi and New York.
About the role
Were looking for a talented and enthusiastic Marketing Manager who will support the development of our membership offer primarily for the Under2 Coalition, a global network of state and regional governments for which we are Secretariat. Their primary objective is to ensure that the Under2 Coalition membership programme is marketed successfully so that we can deliver on our revenue and retention targets and increase client satisfaction and engagement.
This role reports to the Senior Marketing Manager in the international communications team, with dotted line reporting to the Senior Manager, Client Experience in the business development team. We are creating a Client Experience (CX) Team, to ensure that the client journeys of every member company and government are optimised, and that our member services evolve over time and remain a benchmark of quality and impact.
Your core responsibilities will include:
Developing and executing a marketing plan and strategy for supporting the retention, acquisition, and increased engagement of paying members by promoting a compelling value proposition and communicating positive client experience content.
- Building an engaged, international network of brand ambassadors among state and regional governments.
- Taking a data led approach to establish insights and robust recommendations for the team to evolve the membership offer and increase value.
- Leading and managing our brand for membership marketing, including all design assets, campaign materials and members hub.
- Clearly communicating the benefits of membership in a way that is regionally relevant including storytelling, member showcasing and understanding translation needs.
- Supporting on the strategic brand positioning work for Under2.
- Planning and creating high quality membership content cross-channel that positions us as a leading organisation and raises the global profile of the Under2 Coalition.
- Understanding current industry issues and being market aware, ensuring insights are delivered to audience experts regionally.
- Coordinating with the Client Experience team, Commercial Strategy Lead, and Senior Impact Manager to plan, develop and deliver content focusing on network impact and ambition.
- Leading on the quarterly member bulletin and supporting region-specific newsletters, constantly seeking ways to optimise them.
- Identifying ways to increase conversions on newsletter sign-ups to drive growth.
- Supporting the Client Experience Managers with data management to ensure email lists are clean.
Expert knowledge of marketing and proven success in developing and delivering impactful, integrated marketing strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a good team player, able to work independently and effectively with others across teams and managing multiple priorities.
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to write compelling editorial content for a range of channels and purposes.
- Proactive and innovative in nature, constantly seeking new ways to do things to improve the impact, efficiency, and effectiveness of everything they do.
- Outcome driven with high ambitions for the organisation and your own work.
- Experience of a sector/issues aligned with our work or within a membership organisation.
- Experience of working with government networks, including ministerial private offices and policymakers.
Youll be based in our London head office in Tower Hill (SE1 2NQ), a 10-minute walk from London Bridge station and enjoy the benefits of flexible and hybrid working: 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
As well as having excellent green credentials, our brand new open-plan workspace offers the ultimate flexibility for your working day, whether youre working collaboratively, hosting a hybrid meeting with your global colleagues, or need some focus time in an acoustic booth or at a standing desk. The building also offers a well-equipped gym, secure bike parking and showers.
What we offer
Our people are at the heart of what we do and are our greatest asset. Youll be joining a global community of bold, ambitious doers who are committed to driving climate action fast.
This is a full-time permanent position. The salary offered is £36,000 to £40,000 per annum, based on experience.
In addition to the rewards youll find from working with friendly, passionate people wholl challenge and help you grow, we offer a fantastic benefits package:
25 days holiday per year, plus public holidays
- Long-service holiday bonus of an additional day after three and six years service
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme after three months service
- Hybrid working
- Private medical insurance and cash plan on completion of probation
- Life assurance
- Monthly wellbeing allowance plus Headspace membership
- Paid leave for volunteering, moving house and getting married
- Season ticket loan
- Bike loan scheme
- Comprehensive learning and development initiatives to help you reach your full potential
Submit your application now using the Apply button.
Applications for this position should come in the form of a CV and cover letter, which should be no longer than one page and should include why you want to work with Climate Group, your relevant experience, and what strengths youll bring to the organisation.
If you need any further information, require the job advert in an accessible format, or need additional support at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact Emma Wilson, Senior Marketing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application process is open until filled so we welcome and encourage early applicants, however the initial closing date for this vacancy is 29th July and we will conduct interviews on a rolling basis, therefore hold the right to close this vacancy as soon as we hire the right candidate.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the UK are a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by Climate Group.
Help us to improve
Once youve submitted your application, we invite you to complete an anonymous demographic questionnaire, which will take no more than 1 minute.
Whilst its entirely optional, your contribution will make a big difference to helping us grow our diverse community.
The questionnaire is for internal purposes only and wont be linked to your application in any way.