We are looking for a talented Head of Transport to lead our global transport team in London, working across Climate Groups international offices to drive climate action, fast.
As Head of Transport, you will play a key role in designing and driving the next stage in our work in the transport system, including strengthening our advocacy work on electro-mobility in priority geographies as well as securing further opportunities to secure emissions reductions in alternative transport modes. You will be responsible for the development and execution of a high impact strategy for Climate Groups work in this system.
This is an exciting senior leadership role with the opportunity to drive ambition, action and advocacy amongst leading companies and governments worldwide in one of the most critical areas of climate change: transport. You will report to the Executive Director, Systems Change, with the opportunity to build the team further over time.
About Climate Group
Climate Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, ensuring that everyone in our team has the opportunity to thrive and excel. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Climate Group drives climate action. Fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to drive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action.
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, Amsterdam, Beijing, New Delhi and New York.
About the role
The Head of Transport will work closely with the leads of other Climate Group systems and regional offices, ensuring coordinated approach to engagement with business and government stakeholders, as well as to identify opportunities for action across the systems, such as between the Transport and Energy systems.
They will also liaise with Climate Groups Governments and Policy team to ensure the effectiveness of our policy and advocacy strategy in key geographies, with the Development team to nurture new funding opportunities, and with the Communications team to support the design and implementation of targeted communications initiatives.
You will be responsible for leading and developing a small but growing team, driving the quality and impact of the Transport teams work on progress towards our mission.
About our Transport team
Over the last decade, the Transport team has designed and led a high impact portfolio of projects working with business and government to accelerate the transition towards electro-mobility. EV100 is our groundbreaking leadership initiative for companies committing to transition their fleet to EVs by 2030, and EV100+ has expanded this work to medium and heavy duty vehicles. We have increasingly focused on leveraging the power of EV100 members and the wider business community to influence policy in key markets such as in Europe, India, North America and Japan.
Alongside this work we have engaged with sub-national governments, looking at their role in the procurement of vehicles as well as setting the regulatory frameworks and incentives for the EV transition in their own region. This has included the work of the ZEV Community, a knowledge sharing platform for state and regional governments on the EV transition.
We value strengths and the desire to learn if you meet the majority of the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Proven experience in developing and successfully delivering impactful projects on sustainability and climate change issues, ideally in the transport sector
- Clear understanding of commercial drivers and other incentives for action on climate (including within the transport system) across the private and public sector
- Commitment to the mission of Climate Group and our work to accelerate the transition to zero emission vehicles
- Experience in relationship management with companies and governments at a senior level, e.g. Directors, CSOs, VPs
- Experience working on advocacy or capacity building projects
- Experience coordinating and/or developing knowledge products or initiatives to transfer knowledge among networks
- Experience in leading and developing high performing teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective collaborative partnerships and strong working relationships across a range of cultural contexts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the proven desire to find innovative solutions
- Experience in fundraising, ideally in the field of sustainability and climate change, and budgeting and financial management
Youll be based in our London head office near Tower Bridge (SE1 2NQ) and enjoy the benefits of flexible and hybrid working: 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
As well as having excellent green credentials, our brand new open-plan workspace offers the ultimate flexibility for your working day, whether youre working collaboratively, hosting a hybrid meeting with your global colleagues, or need some focus time in an acoustic booth or at a standing desk. The building is accessible for people living with disabilities, and offers a well-equipped gym, secure bike parking and showers.
Occasional international travel will be required.
What we offer
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Youll be joining a global community of bold, ambitious doers who are committed to driving climate action fast.
This is a full-time permanent position. Many of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about your preferred ways of working and if we can make it work for the role and within the team then we will.
The salary offered is £59,780 - £66,420 per annum, based on experience.
In addition to the rewards youll find from working with friendly, passionate people wholl challenge and help you grow, we offer a fantastic benefits package:
- 25 days holiday per year, plus public holidays
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme following three months service
- Long-service holiday bonus of an additional day after three and six years service
- Hybrid and flexible working
- Cash plan and private medical insurance on completion of probation
- Supportive family policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave as well as fertility treatment support
- Monthly wellbeing allowance plus Headspace membership
- Paid leave for volunteering, moving house and getting married
- Life assurance cover from first day
- E-bike/bike loan scheme of up to £1,000
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Comprehensive learning and development initiatives to help you reach your full potential, including access to LinkedIn Learning
Submit your application now using the Apply button.
Applications for this position should come in the form of a CV and one-page cover letter covering why you want to work with Climate Group and how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the competencies outlined above.
If you need any further information, require the job advert in an accessible format, or need additional support at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact Mike Peirce, Executive Director, Systems Change, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday 1st March. Well be holding interviews on a rolling basis, therefore welcome and encourage early applications.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the UK are a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by Climate Group.