Engagement Manager, Industry
The Climate Group
London, United Kingdom
11 days ago
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Industry team as we embark on an ambitious growth and geographical expansion of the Climate Group led ConcreteZero initiative.
The Engagement Manager has a pivotal role to play in growing the initiative, establishing and strengthening the key stakeholder relationships in Europe and globally. This involves developing and delivering an engagement strategy to increase the member base, facilitating supply chain collaboration, and supporting our members in building the sector knowledge and capacity.
The role is responsible for finding opportunities to drive our global impact by shaping the external facing profile of the campaign, our members, and ambassadors.
About Climate Group
Climate Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, ensuring that everyone in our team has the opportunity to thrive and excel. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Climate Group drives climate action, fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to support positive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action.
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, Beijing, Amsterdam, New Delhi and New York.
About the role
Climate Groups industry programmes (ConcreteZero and Steel Zero) are built on the strong foundations of programmatic, policy and communication work that drives action and delivers impact. Our strength is in our unique close working relationships with networks of leading businesses and national and sub-national decision makers.
ConcreteZero is a global initiative that brings together pioneering organisations to create a market for net zero concrete. In partnership with World Green Building Council, we are supporting industry transition towards net zero concrete by catalysing global demand and sending a clear market signal through an ambitious corporate commitment. Our goal is to create a market for 100% net zero concrete before 2050, supported by ambitious interim commitments starting with 30% low embodied carbon concrete by 2025.
Launched in July 2022, ConcreteZero is quickly gearing up for a launch in North America and other strategic geographies.
The Engagement Managers role is to design and implement an effective engagement and relationship management programme for ConcreteZero, with a focus on driving membership growth and leading on overall member communication.
The Engagement Manager will work closely with existing and potential members to ensure maximum impact is delivered across all engagement activities. The role is expected to coordinate engagement opportunities with our offices and networks in Europe, as well as in India and North America, whilst also taking a wider global perspective to support action in other key markets.
Working in close collaboration with the Climate Groups Senior Manager, Industry and Project Coordinator, the Engagement Manager will principally:
Lead the design and implementation of ConcreteZero member engagement strategy
- Lead the effective recruitment strategy and manage prospective member relationships
- Ensure consistent delivery of member benefits
- Oversee relationship management of ConcreteZero member companies
- Develop and manage ConcreteZero engagement calendar in line with overarching strategy and priorities
- Lead the organisation and effective delivery of key events, knowledge and recruitment webinars, in person workshops and member meetings
- Work closely with members to highlight ConcreteZero impact through live projects
- Finetune the value proposition as we grow the initiative across global markets
- Work closely with communications team to increase the profile of the initiative
- Establish effective and collaborative working relationships across member regions, defining opportunities for shared learning and faster transition to net zero
- Liaise with other Climate Groups campaigns facilitating information sharing and finding opportunities for joint cross campaign engagement
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in concrete sector within the broader context of geo-political and macro-economic events
- Commitment to the mission of Climate Group and ConcreteZero
- Experience in managing relationships with senior managers and board members in private sector organisations
- Proven success in developing and delivering impactful projects
- Experience working on advocacy, capacity building and/or technical assistance projects aimed at private sector and/or public sector (preferably in climate-related issues)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships across a range of cultural contexts
- Demonstrable experience of working proactively and independently to deliver tasks and achieve project objectives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the proven desire to find innovative solutions
- Team player with the ability to identify where support is needed comfortable delivering an administrative workload where necessary alongside more strategic activities
Knowledge and/or experience of the concrete sector and related climate issues
- Clear understanding of commercial drivers in the private and public sector
- Experience working on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventory, Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) and/ or long-term decarbonisation pathway
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce, online meeting technologies and social media.
Youll be based in our London head office near Tower Bridge (SE1 2NQ), a 12-minute walk from London Bridge station and enjoy the benefits of flexible and hybrid working: 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
As well as having excellent green credentials, our brand new open-plan workspace offers the ultimate flexibility for your working day, whether youre working collaboratively, hosting a hybrid meeting with your global colleagues, or need some focus time in an acoustic booth or at a standing desk. The building also offers a well-equipped gym, secure bike parking and showers.
Occasional international travel will be required.
What we offer
Our people are at the heart of what we do and are our greatest asset. Youll be joining a global community of bold, ambitious doers who are committed to driving climate action fast.
This is a full-time position. The salary offered is £37,080 - £41,200 per annum, based on experience.
In addition to the rewards youll find from working with friendly, passionate people wholl challenge and help you grow, we offer a fantastic benefits package:
25 days holiday per year, plus public holidays
- Long-service holiday bonus of an additional day after three and six years service
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme after three months service
- Hybrid working
- Private medical insurance and cash plan on completion of probation
- Life assurance
- Monthly wellbeing allowance plus Headspace membership
- Paid leave for volunteering, moving house and getting married
- Season ticket loan
- Bike loan scheme
- Comprehensive learning and development initiatives to help you reach your full potential
Submit your application now using the Apply button.
Applications for this position should come in the form of a CV and one-page cover letter covering why you want to work with Climate Group and how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the competencies outlined above.
If you need any further information, require the job advert in an accessible format, or need additional support at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact Iva Munro, Senior Manager, Industry, firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is March, 29th. Well be holding interviews on a rolling basis, therefore welcome and encourage early applications and reserve the right to close the advert as soon as we've hired a suitable candidate.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the UK are a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by Climate Group.