Power System Engineer
10 days ago
Sungrow is a global leader in technology, research and development specializing in PV inverter system solution and energy storage equipment for residential, commercial, and utility-scale applications. Founded in 1997, with 25-year track record of growth and success, Sungrow is a customer-oriented and innovation-led organization focuses on R&D development and investing in its own in-house testing center approved by UL, CSA, TUV Rheinland and TUV SUD. Sungrow’s focus has spearheaded innovation in the PV industry and kept Sungrow’s broad product lineup as the preeminent choice in the ever-evolving solar industry.
With over 269+ Gigawatts inverter deployed globally, Sungrow is the world’s leading PV inverter manufacturer, with 20+ subsidiaries worldwide. Sungrow offers a wide range of solutions and services, and is committed to motivating people and businesses to adopt “Clean Power for All”, and spread its efforts to making the Earth greener and cleaner through carbon dioxide reduction. This longstanding devotion and commitment to this mission and strong service to its customers has enabled Sungrow to remain at the forefront of the growing renewable energy industry. For more information about Sungrow, please visit https://en.sungrowpower.com/
Job description – Power System Engineer:
As part of the role, you will be instrumental in grid compliance, asset modelling and commissioning compliance study supports. If you’re someone that’s interested in taking up a challenging role in a diverse Renewable Energy environment, please reach out to find out more.
- Working closely with HQ product, R&D, and modelling team to gain a solid understanding on hardware, software, RMS and EMT models of Sungrow products.
- Support commercial team on bidding preparation by preparing model packages.
- Support clients on modelling enquiries and troubleshoot model issues.
- Working closely with HQ team to close clients’ issue trackers in a timely manner, to ensure the best technical outcomes for the projects.
- Prepare and review technical notes or technical reports.
- Support commercial team on relevant document review, particularly in relation to Generator Performance Standards (GPS), R1, R2, etc.
- Participate in R2 model validation site testing, and hold point test report preparation.
- Follow up on applicable technical rules, NER in particular.
- Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning Sungrow’s products and the underlying technologies.
- Assist in market analyses, includes but not limited to customer’s demand and feedback, market trend, etc.
- Participate in reviewing and negotiating on connection agreements.
- Participate in meetings of clients with regulator and market operator (AEMO) and network service providers, and provide support for clients where needed.
- Candidates MUST have full working rights in Australia.
- Hold as a minimum a Power Electronics or Power System Engineering bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree is preferable.
- Minimum of five (5) years industry experience.
- Good understanding of technical requirements (NER Schedule S5.2 and S5.3).
- Solid knowledge of power systems, power electronics, and control principles.
- Skillset in PSCAD, PSS/E, Python, MATLAB and DIgSILENT/Power Factory.
- Prior experience in Power Systems Engineering is preferrable.
- Prior experience working/liaising with AEMO, NSP is preferrable.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Verbal and written Chinese communications skills strongly preferred.
- Work in the global largest inverter manufacturer and grow with the expanding local team
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and growth
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working arrangements
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 – $180,000.00 per year
- Travel reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Annual bonus
- Bachelor Degree (Required)
- Renewable energy industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mandarin (Preferred)
- Australia (Preferred)
Work Location: In person