Sr. Process Technology Eng.
9 days ago
SolarEdge is a top global leader, in manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems and revolutionary EV charger; by doing that, we are changing the way electricity is being produced and consumed around the world.
We are looking for a Sr. Process Technology Engineer to join our team located in Guadalajara, Mexico. This position reports to the Director of operations.
The Sr. Process Technology Eng. is required to be an expert in more than 1 process area. This individual will be able to provide DFM and NPI support. They will have the ability to handle multiple products and provide expert advice. In addition, this individual must be able to lead technical issues and resolve them with technical, design, and statistical analysis.
Sr. Process Technology Eng. is responsible for the implementation, support, training, and troubleshooting of the process being assigned in their facility. This position is assigned to an individual who has extensive experience with the process and is already considered to be the “Specialist” of the process. This individual is responsible for ensuring excellence in the assigned manufacturing process, They will provide expert advice when there is an urgent need due to high defect rates and ensure that the process (that is the responsibility of the SME) is well in control and delivering the highest possible yields.
What will you be doing:
- Serve as the functional expert for manufacturing area assigned, SMT, Wave Solder process, etc
- Support other Engineers with questions that may arise and help resolve them.
- Coordinate and facilitate training for the plant in terms of new hires, new functionality, and upgrades.
- Track and communicate all changes/enhancements to existing processes, including upgrades to process.
- Provide support to the users and the department SME’s.
- Ensuring the established process is followed diligently
- Work with Domain Experts ME’s to implement best practices on the site.
- Carry out methodical machine and process evaluations.
- Maintain and develop documentation for responsible areas.
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
- Support Site when there are audits and customer visits
- Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes (i.e. elimination of non-value-added factors.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in the field”.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety, and Quality)
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information.
- Understand and embrace the operation's aspirations.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by the supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Fluent English
- Demonstrated Hands-on experience in the required process.
- Advanced Knowledge in the area that is being assigned.
- Relentless in exploring new and latest methods in improving assembly techniques.
- Lead Process and Equipment Evaluation aligned to the needs of the Site as assigned by the Manager.
- Knowledge in Statistics and knowledge of DOE is required.
- Understanding of DFM/A, FMEA, and IPC requirements.
- Able to write technical reports for the Site.
- Advanced Diploma, Bachelor, or Master in appropriate fields.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in the EMS or equivalent industry
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.