Regional Sales Manager - Hawaii
4 days ago
Power the Future with us!
SolarEdge (NASDAQ: SEDG), is a global leader in high-performance smart energy technology, with over 5000 employees, offices in 34 countries, and millions of products installed in over 133 countries.
Our diverse product offering comprises intelligent solar inverters, battery storage, backup systems, EV charging, and complete home energy management ecosystems.
By leveraging world-class engineering capabilities and with a relentless focus on innovation, we strive to create a world where clean, green energy from the sun is the primary source of power for our homes, businesses, and just about everywhere we thrive.
This position provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to join the SolarEdge North America Sales Team and have a major part in leading the Company’s sales efforts in all segments of the solar industry, residential, commercial and utility, through direct and channel sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and close sales opportunities in accordance with the Company’s overall strategic plans and financial objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with solar distribution channels and strategic accounts.
- Actively pursue direct sales leads with installers, distributors, investors and utility companies.
- Assist with forecast of revenue on a regular basis and review sales results to ensure that established targets are being met; take corrective action where required.
- Nurture the relationship with leading PV project developers at multiple levels to ensure that SolarEdge remains the supplier of choice for power conversion electronics for their installations.
- Assist the product management teams to define and improve the product portfolio for use in the US market by regularly gathering feedback from customers, business partners and by closely monitoring industry trends.
- Provide input regarding marketing and product positioning strategies specific to the US and Canadian markets.
- Successfully execute a brand and messaging strategy and act as an external evangelist for the brand.
- Liaise with the U.S. and global executive management team and peers to ensure that sales targets are being defined and met.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree. BS in a related technical disciplines such as Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering a plus.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in technical sales.
- Previous experience in the PV industry will be a significant advantage.
- Solid and verifiable track record of over-achievement.
- Candidates should have a verifiable record of successfully growing market share.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to understand the technical workings of the SolarEdge product line and convey the advanced technical product benefits to potential customers in easy-to-grasp terms.
- Proven track record of identifying, negotiating/converting and closing large dollar deals.
- Ability to identify and convert new accounts while maintaining existing relationships.
- Demonstrated success in operating effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, complex, rapid growth environment.
- A distinct customer service focus.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working for an international organization is preferred.
- Ability to travel 50-70%.
- A hungry go-getter with a strong can-do and hands-on attitude.
- Technical savvy.
- An energetic, highly motivated and driven person who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and do whatever is necessary to guarantee the success of the company.
- Team Player!
FAIR PAY & A JUST WORKPLACE
At SolarEdge, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The pay range for this position in Hawaii at the start of employment is expected to be between $95K-$115K. Total compensation includes base, commission, and equity. Target commission is 50% of the base salary. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at SolarEdge. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that SolarEdge has to offer!
SolarEdge proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.