This is a Senior role within the ANZ SolarEdge Energy Services Division originating and developing sales opportunities for SolarEdge’s Energy Storage Division. The role will focus on the sales of Energy Storage Systems (ESS) to existing and new customers, primarily within the West Australian, South Australian and Northern Territory markets. Support of sales activities in our regions other markets will be required from time to time (Sub Saharan Africa, New Zealand and Pacific Islands).
Primarily supporting the Director, Energy Services in sales management activities this role seeks to develop and diversify the SolarEdge business, increasing revenue and underpinning future growth. SolarEdge is in a period of aggressive growth and needs the right Salespeople to join our team, bringing a mix of existing customer relationships and a desire to hunt for new customers.
What will you be doing?
Business & Sales
- Win business – manage sales cycle for repeat business and hunt for new
- Negotiate with insight, challenge with integrity, drive customer to decision – understand SEDG solutions to be able to educate customers, challenge established project uncertainty and/or hurdles to purchase, be comfortable putting forward pricing balanced with value, work with customers to close deals and maintain SEDG as the preferred Energy Services solution supplier
- Manage customer interactions – sales cycle, deliver sales volume by securing PO’s, support escalation. Champion your customers internally
- Focus on growth – ongoing development of ESS growth strategy and business model
- Know your market – Insights for business opportunities and viable customers to support the growth strategy
- Tailor Responses – Clarify how and value offered in SEDG solutions to meet and exceed customer needs
- Evolving capability – increasing expertise in ESS solutions, value proposition and support
- Continual improvement – Work to address ESS developments, opportunities and threats both with our local and global SolarEdge business
- Product change – Provide essential feedback for the product & marketing teams on required product customization and marketing materials necessary for the local market
SolarEdge Brand extension
- Extension – Deliver on SolarEdge Energy Services brand extension strategy
- Advocacy – seek brand advocacy from our customers in all areas
- Represent – represent SolarEdge at industry workshops, events and forums as required
- Close deals in timely and effective manner that benefits both customer and SEDG
- Ability to challenge customers while building effective relationships, tailor responses, deliver new insights to customers and articulate value of SEDG solutions
- High-level communication and Stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate peers in the team
- Used to dealing with flat reporting lines
- Ability to follow data management process and weekly reporting responsibilities through internal Microsoft Office and CRM tools.
- Continuous feedback on process improvement is encouraged to identify improvements to business scalability.
- Ability to operate outside of an office environment and maintain effective internal and external communication
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline: Engineering; and/or Business/Commerce
- 3+ successful years in Utility scale ESS or energy sales
- Willingness to travel 25% and as needed by customers and SolarEdge
- Sales & Business Development of complex products & services
- Client relationship management: Develop, Grow and Retain
- Experience negotiating PO terms/contracts
SolarEdge recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Our business success is a reflection of the quality and skill of our people. SolarEdge is committed to seeking out and retaining the finest human talent to ensure top business growth and performance.