General Manager - Consultancy - New York
New York City, NY, United States
8 days ago
Power the Future with us!
SolarEdge (NASDAQ: SEDG), is a global leader in high-performance smart energy technology, with over 5000 employees, offices in 34 countries, and millions of products installed in over 133 countries.
Our diverse product offering comprises intelligent solar inverters, battery storage, backup systems, EV charging, and complete home energy management ecosystems.
By leveraging world-class engineering capabilities and with a relentless focus on innovation, we strive to create a world where clean, green energy from the sun is the primary source of power for our homes, businesses, and just about everywhere we thrive.
This position provides a rare opportunity to build the SolarEdge North America Enterprise Consulting Team and have a major part in leading the Company’s efforts in powering the Energy Transition of corporates in Europe and across the globe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team building and leadership in North America, while nurturing close coordination with SEDG North America team.
- Working with the company’s management and global strategy team to refine the unit’s strategy, identify & sign the right clients.
- Relationship building with North America’s most prominent corporations C-Suite.
- Lead client pursuit and other consultancy mechanisms
- Helping SEDG in spinning up new services, partnerships, and other endeavors
- Thought leadership & Building and maintaining good contacts to a significant number of relevant companies in Renewable Energy, High Tech & leading corporates
- Advise & Support integrations of potential acquisitions.
Key success factors:
- Focus on impact, can do attitude and excellence in execution.
- Landing ideal clients and helping them grow
- International communication with key stakeholders in the company
- Ability to “go back to square one“ and leave corporate perks & structure
- Passion for team and process building.
- High emotional intelligence, experience with recruiting, and growing employees.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- ~20 years of professional experience, with previous roles in top management consultancy firms, Managing Partner in global boutique consultancies, or an executive director in international project development companies.
- Consulting experience with strong track record of bidding for and winning long term multi-million USD Enterprise engagements
- Professional experience working in solar/ other renewable energy industries, or with related emerging technologies.
- Electrical, Mechanical or Civil engineering with solar experience.
- Industry relationships and experience working with industry leaders.
- Prior experience in the technology industry; product development, engineering, or go-to-market experience.
- Strong service and digital capabilities acumen
- Renewable energy or ESG background a plus
- Passionate about the Energy Transition & clean technology
- Reliable, resilient, and tenacious
- Organized, independent and process-oriented with a desire to lead.
- Comfort working through uncertain/unstructured environments.
- An energetic, motivated, and driven person who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and do whatever is necessary to guarantee the success of the company.
- Enjoys working with senior executives and pioneering new business models.
- Technical savvy & analytically oriented - you make decisions based on data.
- Spanish, Hebrew and other languages a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 60%
FAIR PAY & A JUST WORKPLACE
At SolarEdge, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $200k - $300k. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at SolarEdge. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that SolarEdge has to offer!
SolarEdge proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.