Power Electronics Engineer - Milpitas, CA
Milpitas, CA, United States
10 days ago
Power the Future with us!
SolarEdge (NASDAQ: SEDG), is a global leader in high-performance smart energy technology, with over 5000 employees, offices in 34 countries, and millions of products installed in over 133 countries.
Our diverse product offering comprises intelligent solar inverters, battery storage, backup systems, EV charging, and complete home energy management ecosystems.
By leveraging world-class engineering capabilities and with a relentless focus on innovation, we strive to create a world where clean, green energy from the sun is the primary source of power for our homes, businesses, and just about everywhere we thrive.
SolarEdge Engineering in California is working on developing new products related to solar, e-mobility (EV) and other renewable industries. All projects involve full engineering design cycle, from concept to prototype to production. Our engineering teams are constantly pushing the boundaries beyond industry standards to achieve products of highest reliability and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, analyze, and document new/existing converters and inverters
- Design and analyze analog circuitry, digital signals, PWMs and communication buses
- Design power stages including estimation of losses and efficiency
- Design and analyze high frequency magnetics
- Maintain documentation of all designs
- Collaborate with engineers to perform cross-functional tasks as control, testing, layout, etc.
- Perform hands on testing of new/existing converters and inverters
- Troubleshoot new/existing converters and inverters
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BS or MS in EE/CE/EECS, or the equivalent with focus in Power Electronics
- 1-5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Familiar with design and analysis of power conversion topologies
- Familiar with power semiconductors: MOSFETs, IGBTs, etc.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, function generators and other test equipment
- Familiar with MATLAB/Simulink, PSpice
- Experience in power conversion designs
- Experience in similar industries: motor drives, power supplies, etc.
- Experience with EMI design and troubleshooting
- Experience in NPI processes
- Experience with electromagnetic finite element analysis simulation tool
FAIR PAY & A JUST WORKPLACE
At SolarEdge, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90K-$150K. For this specific posting, we have multiple openings for multiple levels. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at SolarEdge. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that SolarEdge has to offer!
SolarEdge proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.