Field Service Engineer - Hawaii
Los Angeles, CA, United States
6 days ago
Power the Future with us!
SolarEdge (NASDAQ: SEDG), is a global leader in high-performance smart energy technology, with over 5000 employees, offices in 34 countries, and millions of products installed in over 133 countries.
Our diverse product offering comprises intelligent solar inverters, battery storage, backup systems, EV charging, and complete home energy management ecosystems.
By leveraging world-class engineering capabilities and with a relentless focus on innovation, we strive to create a world where clean, green energy from the sun is the primary source of power for our homes, businesses, and just about everywhere we thrive.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing on site customer support for SolarEdge products installed in the field. The primary scope of the technical support is to provide response to the customer regarding the proper operation of SolarEdge products for the customer's application and intended use.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in the troubleshooting and diagnosis of grid tie solar inverter issues encountered in the installation and start up products by using general knowledge, product schematics, data stored in knowledgebase, and other sources of information available.
- Develop solutions to problems that range from simple product troubleshooting to complex integration and interface scenarios.
- Advise customers concerning equipment operation, maintenance, or programming.
- Provide pre-sales information about SolarEdge’s products
- Reinstall software programs or adjust settings on existing software to fix machine malfunctions.
- Work together with operations to validate the authorization to release parts needed to solve problems encountered by customers and contractors
- Manage the monitoring database of customer installations. Perform analysis of large datasets to deduce procedure for resolution for complex problems.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics with a good understanding of high voltage, basics electronics, and measurement equipment.
- Maintain extensive and constant engagement with installers and end user customers with the goal to grow relationships, provide training and better the SolarEdge brand.
- Support Customer Service, Sales and Marketing in their activities to identify and develop business opportunities.
- Become expert in assigned regional area to understand market dynamics, biggest influencers, and local best practices,
- Answer inbound calls and e-mails from customers and contractors in a prompt, knowledgeable, and courteous manner documenting all information into call tracking system
- Travel to distributors, installers or end user customers to provide service or provide emergency repair service.
- Document all activity in SolarEdge CRM software and other database software platforms, including writing comprehensive internal and external facing reports detailing efforts, issues, and results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build rapport and establish/keep working relationships with customers, peers and managers.
- Ability to communicate distinctly and effectively in English using proper grammar to effectively answer all customer inquiries promptly and accurately.
- General understanding of Microsoft Office products and the ability to adapt to other computer systems quickly and utilize them efficiently while on the phone with a caller.
- Demonstrated ability to promote teamwork and build enduring relationships.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferred BSEE, BSME or equivalent (including practical experience with distributed solar installations). Minimum of an Associate's degree Power Electronics, Renewable Electrical Systems, and electro-technical field or other electrical concepts training.
- Strong knowledge of NEC and PV system regulatory codes for PV installations, including but not limited to the National Electrical Code, NEC 690, PV Power System installation, UL1741, IEE1547, for the interconnection of distributed resources with power systems, FERC661, etc. Exceptional listening and questioning skills.
- Basic understanding of IP network technology.
- Strong electrical and electronic troubleshooting skills.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a technical role, including 1 year in a customer facing role.
- At least two years of experience in a professional customer service, technical helpline, or remote support profession.
- This is a remote position requiring significant travel, including. Local and long distance. Must be able to travel greater than 50% of the time.
- Must be flexible for all shifts - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Must be able to deal with customers under stressful and sometimes adverse conditions.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment.
- Technical knowledge of SolarEdge products and related applications is a plus.
- Familiarity with competitive products is a plus.
- US and international travel required.
FAIR PAY & A JUST WORKPLACE
At SolarEdge, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $70K-$85K. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at SolarEdge. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that SolarEdge has to offer!
SolarEdge proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.