Technical Service Representative - Temporary
SMA Solar Technology
Rocklin, CA, United States
10 days ago
The Technical Service Representative is responsible for providing the highest quality of customer support through the technical support telephone hotline. Duties include answering incoming calls to the service line and resolving all types of customer issues, providing assistance to installers in the field, providing technical training to internal personnel, creating tickets to dispatch to field service teams and providing support to other departments.
Primary duties / responsibilities
- Maintains the technical support hotline, and uses communication skills to provide customer support to users, installers and customers of SMA.
- Creates documentation as needed for publication in document- and web-based media, describing common technical issues and solutions, and to create technical field reports.
- Provides technical training to internal personnel on the technical aspects of SMA’s product line, and develops training materials.
- Provides support to the Sales and Marketing departments by serving as an SMA products
- generalist, and building familiarity with competitors’ products.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
Required training (type / duration / field / additional training)
- An associate’s degree is required.
- A four year degree in a technology-related field is preferred.
Required relevant professional experience (type / duration)
- Experience in the field of solar electric (PV) installation, system design and/or inspection equivalent to this level of education can be used in lieu of the requirement.
- Experience in renewable energy is preferred but not required.
Other specialized skills
- Knowledge of solar electric (PV) installation, system design and/or inspection is preferred.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts, including graphical representation of data, is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory is required.
- Proficiency in the English and Spanish language, both written and verbal, is required. German language skills are a plus.
- Customer focus and a service-oriented attitude are required.
- Ability to communicate on the phone with customers while taking detailed notes is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work under time pressure and stress.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in parallel.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- NABCEP certification is a plus.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
- On-the-job training
- Paid time off
- 3 years
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rocklin, CA 95765: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Electrical: 2 years (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: In person