At SMA America, we believe in Energy that Changes. Since 1981, SMA has been developing innovative solar technology with a purpose - making the installation, operation, and maintenance of photovoltaic power plants simpler, more reliable, safer and more cost effective. In the meantime, we've also been collecting awards as a great place to work, providing growth opportunities to our employees, and challenging conventional thought.
The Technical Service Representative is responsible for providing the highest quality of customer support through the technical support telephone hotline. Duties include answering incoming calls to the service line and resolving all types of customer issues, providing assistance to installers in the field, providing technical training to internal personnel, creating tickets to dispatch to field service teams and providing support to other departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the technical support hotline and uses communication skills to provide customer support to users, installers, and customers of SMA.
- Creates documentation as needed for publication in document- and web-based media, describing common technical issues and solutions, and to create technical field reports.
- Provides technical training to internal personnel on the technical aspects of SMA's product line and develops training materials.
- Provides support to the Sales and Marketing departments by serving as an SMA products generalist, and building familiarity with competitors' products.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- An associate degree is required.
- A four-year degree in a technology-related field is preferred.
REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- Experience in the field of solar electric (PV) installation, system design and/or inspection equivalent to this level of education can be used in lieu of the requirement.
- Experience in renewable energy is preferred but not required.
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Knowledge of solar electric (PV) installation, system design and/or inspection is preferred.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts, including graphical representation of data, is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory is required.
- Proficiency in the English both written and verbal, is required. Spanish language, both written and verbal, is preferred. German language skills are a plus.
- Customer focus and a service-oriented attitude are required.
- Ability to communicate on the phone with customers while taking detailed notes is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work under time pressure and stress.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in parallel.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- NABCEP certification is a plus.
The salary range for this position is $24-$28 per hour.
Our EEO Policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and we make our employment decisions on the basis of merit and without regard to one's race, color, creed, sex (includes gender, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity, religion, marital status, age (over 40), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (includes HIV/Aids), medical condition (cancer, genetic characteristics), veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by law.
In accordance with applicable law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, SMA will attempt to reasonably accommodate qualified applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would create an undue hardship on SMA. Any qualified applicant with a disability who believes he or she requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job for which he or she is applying should identify the accommodation(s) needed in the application.
During your job application or recruitment process with us: (a) SMA may collect your personal information directly from you, such as when you submit your application and resume on our online portal or when you have job interviews with us. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties, including but not limited to your former employers, background or employment check service providers or third-party recruiters; and, (b) SMA may use or process applicants' personal information for relevant purposes including but not limited to general communications with you, identity verification, background or employment checks, determination of eligibility, and making hiring decisions. For successful job applicants who become SMA's staff, we may retain and integrate your personal information collected during the recruitment process into your records at SMA. For unsuccessful job applicants, [SMA may retain your application for internal records or for future recruitment purposes].
If you are a California resident, you have specific rights regarding your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended including by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, and its implementing regulations (the "CCPA"). This Company Personnel and Covered Individuals Privacy Notice for California Residents issued by SMA is applicable to you and explains your CCPA rights and our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.