Technical Inside Sales Specialist
SMA Solar Technology
Rocklin, CA, United States
24 days ago
The Technical Inside Sales Specialist is responsible for coordinating the flow of customer technical sales support and to provide technical advice to the sales force to resolve product or sales requests regarding engineering, technical or order specific issues. Duties include supporting and on-boarding new customers as well as assisting with technical quotes and proposals.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates and coordinates with the SMA customer relations group to answer inquiries for all channel sales orders in US and Canada.
- Serves as the most knowledgeable technical resource for Sales Support for customers and installers, including providing pricing templates/quotes, and Sunny Design tool support.
- Answers inbound sales calls, identifies which products are needed and coordinates customer referrals to approved distributors.
- Participates in weekly, monthly and/or quarterly customer calls, operations and sales meetings, or site visits as needed.
- Supports and qualifies new customers prior to referring them to the appropriate regional sales manager and creates new customer accounts in CRM database.
- Assists sales managers with logistical details of customer meetings.
- Assists the technical and commercial sales teams with preparing quotes and technical project proposals for non-standard products.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- An associate degree is required. A bachelor’s degree in marketing or business is preferred.
REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an Inside Sales role are required.
- Prior experience in electrical engineering and/or solar energy industry is helpful.
- Experience with SAP Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is strongly preferred.
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Must be familiar with a variety of the SMA Sales concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of solar energy industry and/or electrical engineering is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and Salesforce software systems is preferred.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- This position may require periodic domestic and international travel.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $94,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- Day shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Hybrid remote
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rocklin, CA 95765: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Inside Sales: 3 years (Required)
- SAP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Rocklin, CA 95765