Supply Chain Project & Process Specialist
SMA Solar Technology
Rocklin, CA, United States
30+ days ago
The Supply Chain Project & Process Specialist provides oversight and consultation throughout the Supply Chain process lifecycle. This position will lead the internal supply chain group in the establishment and execution of strategic supply chain processes, vendor relationship management processes, standardization of end-to-end supply chain responsibilities, enabling positive customer care outcomes. The position will be responsible for project and sub-project management throughout the Supply Chain organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines, manages, tracks, and analyzes supply chain performance, best practices, standards, processes, metrics, and tools to promote internal implementation, compliance, and enable positive customer care outcomes.
- Performs process engineering and design of streamlined methods and procedures to drive improved outcomes from all activities, whether strategic master data (such as sourcing, contracting, and catalog content management), tactical (such as req.-to-check processes), or ongoing life-cycle management (such as asset & inventory management, systems support, and supplier management.)
- Serves as subject matter expert on supply chain policies and procedures with the ability to develop teams, drive execution, and elevate the level of commercial and risk management expertise throughout.
- Optimizes supply chain processes and policies to improve strategic commodity management, financial and operational efficiencies, to include modernization and movement to electronic means to reduce overall time required.
- Manages process documentation, templates, and conducts periodic reviews to ensure robust risk management, legal and commercial protections.
- Monitors, analyzes, and maintains appropriate system utilization and accuracy of data.
- Drives and disseminates actionable, key business reports to all levels of the organization.
- Participation in audit support and resolution of findings.
- Define, implement, and drive execution of project requirements, workflows, and plans.
- Manage projects to achieve target scope, schedule, and cost.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and prioritize activities appropriately.
- Continuously monitor and measure project processes and activities to ensure no delays to the project and that potential risks are identified in a timely manner.
- Coordinate projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and integration.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- A bachelor’s degree with a focus on Supply Chain or similar is required.
- A master’s degree with a focus on Supply Chain is preferred.
REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- At least 4-6 years leading projects and developing processes in a supply chain role is required.
- Experience in leading teams preferred. Experience with 3rd Party Logistics
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Extensive knowledge of Supply Chain (procurement, warehousing, and transportation) is essential.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Must be highly adaptable to collaborate with cross functional colleagues and customers from around the world and in our global headquarters in Germany.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) is required.
- Lean, Continuous Improvement, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Material planning knowledge preferred.
- Proficiency with Salesforce CRM, SAP/ERP is preferred.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $123,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rocklin, CA 95765: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- supply chain: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Rocklin, CA 95765
- Health insurance