Senior Technical Training Specialist
SMA Solar Technology
Rocklin, CA, United States
22 days ago
The Technical Training Specialist is responsible for creating and presenting training materials to internal service employees and 3rd party contractors supporting SMA’s Contact Center, focusing on new Contact Center employees and new Commercial, Residential, Storage, Communications, Products and Systems. Training for external customers is done as determined by business needs. Duties include creating and providing training seminars and materials for internal and external audiences, as well as assisting the department manager with development and maintenance of training programs as needed. Participates as Service representative in new product introduction and lifecycle management. Active member of Contact Center senior leadership team.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with department managers to develop new training materials as needed to best serve Contact Center needs.
- Serves as the principal technical trainer for all new employees in the Contact Center as well as ongoing technical training for existing Contact Center employees. This includes training SMA Service Providers performing Contact Center work.
- Serves as the principal technical trainer for all new products the Contact Center is responsible for supporting.
- Maintains the system test lab both for training and testing purposes, including installation of new and existing products.
- Responsible for teaching soft skills and best practice customer engagement methods.
- Maintains records for all training sessions completed for each Contact Center employee.
- Participates in team meetings to identify knowledge gaps and tailor’s refresher trainings to these gaps.
- Conducts audits of agent phone calls to ensure technical skills and professionalism are to SMA’s standards as a premium brand.
- Examines existing training modalities and assists in the development of new modalities that could improve the effectiveness of the training function for both technical and ACD functions.
- Creates relevant technical documentation for the Contact Center to use as job aides.
- Maintains Service technician's qualification matrix for products and skillset knowledge level.
- Coordinates with SMA’s Global training teams and ensures SMA America’s training is aligned with SMA’s Global Training. This includes monitoring records in SMA’s Global training system “Success Factors.”
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- A degree in education, engineering or a similar field, with an emphasis in science or mathematics is strongly preferred.
REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- At least 2 years of experience in the SMA Contact Center is required.
- 2 years minimum technical training experience is preferred.
- Experience in electronics or a related technical field is required.
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Strong working knowledge of mathematical principals is required.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Strong time management and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent public speaking abilities.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to interpret a variety of written, verbal, and diagram instructions.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- This position requires significant domestic and international travel.
The salary range for this role is $75,000-$123,000 annually.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $123,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Rocklin, CA 95765
- Health insurance