At SMA America, we believe in Energy that Changes. Since 1981, SMA has been developing innovative solar technology with a purpose - making the installation, operation, and maintenance of photovoltaic power plants simpler, more reliable, safer and more cost effective. In the meantime, we've also been collecting awards as a great place to work, providing growth opportunities to our employees, and challenging conventional thought.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Product Manager – Home Solutions Rapid Shutdown is responsible for managing SMA's residential rapid shutdown portfolio and product. This position develops product roadmaps and manages the life cycle of module level shutdown and UL 3741 solutions. The Product Manager -Home Solutions Rapid Shutdown is responsible for identifying mid-and long-term market requirements and create corresponding business proposals that will generate revenue and ensure the portfolio meets market requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively observes and analyzes national markets and market developments, including standards, competitive offerings and new business models to identify trends, opportunities and threats that impact SMA's residential business.
- Creates business proposals, business cases and decision papers for new product ideas and potential partnerships to increase SMA's Residential share, revenues and bottom-line and to increase attractiveness of SMA solution offerings to US customers.
- Lifecycle management – Cost out initiatives, product manufacturing requirements, serviceability (ensure product roadmap is "future proof" as well as backwards compatible with legacy products), initiate ongoing improvements.
- Represents the voice of the customer, documents product requirements, change proposals, and performs evaluation (feasibility, cost, time, quality impact, ease of installation) for US residential products together with engineering and other functions during expert meetings. Represents customer view in development projects.
- Closely coordinates and collaborates with Home segment product team members in the US and headquarters to drive and implement rapid shutdown strategies as part of portfolio strategy.
- Creates and maintains SMA product portfolio for future demands and drive and coordinate product launches in alignment with sales and business unit/segment.
- Collaborates/liaises with US sales and ensures constant flow of information to drive strategy alignment between sales and product management.
- Collaborates with SMA Solar Academy and marketing to create internal and external trainings, sales enablement tools, and thought leadership media posts
- Responsible for the management of product portfolio in product information manager (PIM), compile JIRA requirements, and product documentation.
- Manages certifications for home product portfolio.
- Participate in tradeshows and customer meetings.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- A bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, industrial engineering, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering with a focus on product management/ product marketing.
- An additional master's degree in electrical industrial engineering or business administration with a focus on product management/ product marketing would be a strong plus.
- Agile certified desired
REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- At least 5 -10 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven leadership and communication skills, preferably in international settings and at the executive level.
- PV Background and experience strongly desired.
- Highly Specialized Training within PV Residential Area.
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Product requirements management, market knowledge, product knowledge, communication and networking skills, pricing strategies.
- Demonstrated capability to evaluate market trends and lead and drive product improvements.
- Organized, attention to detail, and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. Proficiency in the German and Spanish language is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
- Travel to Rocklin based offices, tradeshows, and customer meetings.
- Travel to Headquarters in Kassel Germany for alignment within the Business Unit.
The salary range for this position is $118,000 - $153,000 annually.
Our EEO Policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and we make our employment decisions on the basis of merit and without regard to one's race, color, creed, sex (includes gender, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity, religion, marital status, age (over 40), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (includes HIV/Aids), medical condition (cancer, genetic characteristics), veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by law.
In accordance with applicable law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, SMA will attempt to reasonably accommodate qualified applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would create an undue hardship on SMA. Any qualified applicant with a disability who believes he or she requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job for which he or she is applying should identify the accommodation(s) needed in the application.
During your job application or recruitment process with us: (a) SMA may collect your personal information directly from you, such as when you submit your application and resume on our online portal or when you have job interviews with us. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties, including but not limited to your former employers, background or employment check service providers or third-party recruiters; and, (b) SMA may use or process applicants' personal information for relevant purposes including but not limited to general communications with you, identity verification, background or employment checks, determination of eligibility, and making hiring decisions. For successful job applicants who become SMA's staff, we may retain and integrate your personal information collected during the recruitment process into your records at SMA. For unsuccessful job applicants, [SMA may retain your application for internal records or for future recruitment purposes].
If you are a California resident, you have specific rights regarding your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended including by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, and its implementing regulations (the "CCPA"). This Company Personnel and Covered Individuals Privacy Notice for California Residents issued by SMA is applicable to you and explains your CCPA rights and our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.