At SMA America, we believe in Energy that Changes. Since 1981, SMA has been developing innovative solar technology with a purpose - making the installation, operation, and maintenance of photovoltaic power plants simpler, more reliable, safer and more cost effective. In the meantime, we've also been collecting awards as a great place to work, providing growth opportunities to our employees, and challenging conventional thought.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Marketing Program Manager for Commercial Energy Solution is responsible for supporting the development and activation of marketing campaigns and initiatives that meet the business unit's objectives, while supporting short- and long-term sales goals. This position will report directly to the SMA America Marketing Manager.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Marketing Manager and coordinating with the marketing and communications teams to establish priorities and execute deliverables for the Commercial Business Unit.
- Develops and maintains project schedules while ensuring deliverables meet quality standards defined by the SMA corporate brand guidelines.
- Writes copy directed at a wide variety of audiences including business owners, developers, solar trade professionals, installers and our network of Authorized Distributors.
- Assist in developing campaigns, activities and customer interactions at several tradeshows.
- Coordination of timely and accurate Purchase Order (PO) requests and submittal of vendor and partner invoices to accounting. Manage inventory of BU products including ordering, shipping, and receiving.
- Creates compelling presentations to support product and service sales messages, including but not limited to pitch decks, educational materials, project status updates and more.
- Actively participates in brainstorm sessions for product launches and marketing initiatives.
- Oversees marketing data collection, primary analysis and reporting functions.
- Uses market research, customer information and data to prepare a holistic and comprehensive outlook on commercial PV, energy storage, energy management, and e-mobility markets.
- Develops and supports partnership activations.
- Tracks and manages state, regional and utility program requirements, including available incentives, code updates and applicable applications.
- Monitors, measures and compiles marketing campaign results with the opportunity to present findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- A bachelor's degree (completed or in-progress) in marketing, communications or a related field is required
- Solar industry or renewable energy knowledge is a plus.
REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- 1-3 years of marketing or communications experience
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Basic knowledge of marketing and communication concepts and processes.
- Excellent grammar, writing, editing and communication skills are required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects and meet all required deadlines.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required.
- German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- This position could require minimal domestic and international travel.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-77,000 annually.
Our EEO Policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and we make our employment decisions on the basis of merit and without regard to one's race, color, creed, sex (includes gender, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity, religion, marital status, age (over 40), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (includes HIV/Aids), medical condition (cancer, genetic characteristics), veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by law.
In accordance with applicable law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, SMA will attempt to reasonably accommodate qualified applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would create an undue hardship on SMA. Any qualified applicant with a disability who believes he or she requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job for which he or she is applying should identify the accommodation(s) needed in the application.
During your job application or recruitment process with us: (a) SMA may collect your personal information directly from you, such as when you submit your application and resume on our online portal or when you have job interviews with us. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties, including but not limited to your former employers, background or employment check service providers or third-party recruiters; and, (b) SMA may use or process applicants' personal information for relevant purposes including but not limited to general communications with you, identity verification, background or employment checks, determination of eligibility, and making hiring decisions. For successful job applicants who become SMA's staff, we may retain and integrate your personal information collected during the recruitment process into your records at SMA. For unsuccessful job applicants, [SMA may retain your application for internal records or for future recruitment purposes].
If you are a California resident, you have specific rights regarding your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended including by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, and its implementing regulations (the "CCPA"). This Company Personnel and Covered Individuals Privacy Notice for California Residents issued by SMA is applicable to you and explains your CCPA rights and our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.